Temperature Increase?

Funky_Junk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
353
First off these are my temps:

http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temps6jk.png

Im currently running all of the stock fans on my Thermaltake Tsunami. This includes a 90mm side intake running at 35dba and 56cfm. Theres also a 120mm rear exhaust and 120mm intake running at 35dba and 74cfm.

Im planning on replacing those fans with new fans's. I was planning on replacing the 90mm fan with this one:

http://www.pcsilent.de/enpd_papst_fan_3412n2gle-papst3412n2gl.asp?p1=gruppe&p2=papst_fans

I was planning on replacing the 120mm exhaust with this one:

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=75024#

And the 120mm front intake with this one:

http://www.pcsilent.de/enpd_papst_fan_4412f2gll_120mm-papst4412f2gll.asp?p1=gruppe&p2=papst_fans

The move significantly less air than the stock fans so I was wondering how much of a temperature increase I would see.
 
As a guide, you may want to try running your fans at 7 volts to test their "quiet" performance. However, with an idle/load of 40/48 with all but the radiator fan turned off and an idle load temp of 38/46 with all fans on their highest, I dont believe you should expect too much of a change.
 
you can look up more reviews if you like, but head to head comparison by cooling master and forum member cathar kind of showed that the yate loon fans were quieter for a given level of air flow, in the low noise catagory.

the papst fans needed massive under-volting to run as quiet as the yate loon units, made more motor/bearing noise, and did not move as much air as the yate loons at comperatble noise levels, when under volted.

if you want a bit more kick than the yate loons put out, panaflo fans are another good choice, if you can fit their 38mm thickness.
 
Back
Top