• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Temperature HELP

coolkishan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
320
I have a thermalright sp-94 heatsink and a Vantec Tornado fan on it.

I have artic silvedr 5 thermal paste aswell.
My temps idle at 49-53 degrees celcius.

ON load they go to 55-57(sometimes).

Im thinkin of gettin a not too expensive watercoolin just for my cpu this is the one "WaterChill KT03-L20/220V CPU Value Cooling Kit - 120mm Radiator/Fan" is this any good?

and also will it fit on my socet 478 p4.

and if u can be bothered could you find me a site which shows you how to install it.

Thanks

Kishan
 
Hey buddy,

Remember that the IC7-G reports temps around 7c higher than they actually are. Even with that info, your temps still sounds a little higher. The 2.4c OCed to 3050 on stock volts runs idle at 43c in my second computer. Are you sure you have good contact between the hsf and the cpu? Did you apply the AS5 correctly? What kind of case are you using and what sort of fans does it have in it, what direction are they blowing air?
 
I have a chenbro gaming bomb with 2 fans 1x120mm blowing out and 1x80mm sucking in. I have a vantec tornado on the cpu and when i used the thermal paste that came with the hs i was idling round 45-46 but i thought as5 would be better but no now i idle round 49-51.
I have oced my cpu to 3.6ghz no increase in voltage perfectly stable and always stays idlin at 49.5 - 51. I didnt believe it myself its cooler then 3.0ghz. I just need your advice quickly is 51 degrees max idling temp bad for my cpu? :confused:
 
wow those are actually really solid temps. Subtract 7c from the readings to get the accurate temps and you are sitting solid. I wouldn't worry about temps at all buddy, you are fine.
 
my water cooled prescott hit 60C load, it was pumping about 160 watts of heat tho, the power consumption ended up making my caps leak because i was overloading my psu(dedicated 18 amp 12v rail for the mobo/cpu, never thought 215 watts for just the mobo/cpu wouldnt be enough), ohwell a good excuse to upgrade no? :p if i were you i wouldnt go for 1.575v unless you got a super badass psu and water cooling

one thing i wont miss is my pc literaly consuming about 425 watts of power
 
Back
Top