Temperature Discrepancy

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an i5 2500k, cooled with the Antec Kuhler H2O 620, and for some reason there is a huge discrepancy between idle temperatures and load temperatures. Its around 35C idling, and around 60C under load. Ive checked the mounting and i even reapplied different thermal paste but no dice. Could it be that i have the radiator and fan in a certain position thats throwing it off some how? I currently have it mounted in the back exhaust area.

Thanks in advance!

What voltage are you pushing through the core?

But anyway, 60 deg C fully loaded nothing to worry about.

At idle i have about 0.98 - 1.00 going through the core, and under load it goes up to 1.25. Im just curious more than I am worried, as it just seems a little odd to me, my gpu runs cooler than my cpu haha

But anyway, 60 deg C fully loaded nothing to worry about.

Agreed. Nothing at all to worry about. I would not worry as long as the temps are not over 80C.

At idle i have about 0.98 - 1.00 going through the core, and under load it goes up to 1.25. Im just curious more than I am worried, as it just seems a little odd to me, my gpu runs cooler than my cpu haha

At idle the CPU is has some of its cores shut off and is pulling somewhere around 10W versus at full load it can pull 10 times that.

It also seems like core #1 out of #0 #1 #2 and #3 seems to be consistently hotter than the other. Its been a bit since i last got into all this, my last cpu was a C2D e8200 so im a little out of the loop. It also seems that the overclock i have going on it doesnt change the temperature put out under load at all

I'm not sure what you're confused about. Idle temps are obviously lower than load temps. My core #0 is also about 6C cooler than the rest of the cores.

Im not confused as to why theyre lower, im confused as to why its so much of a difference. Sorry if ive been out of the loop for a while but I feel like they were honest questions. Never dealt with anything higher than a C2D e8200 before this so i just wanted to know the answer to a few smaller questions that i had

Im not confused as to why theyre lower, im confused as to why its so much of a difference. Sorry if ive been out of the loop for a while but I feel like they were honest questions. Never dealt with anything higher than a C2D e8200 before this so i just wanted to know the answer to a few smaller questions that i had

Its cool, I think this is about the best reason or what makes sense at least to me. Its the watts running through the CPU that is hot. That's why my old 920 could pull 130watts and its max was 100C. It would idle in the 30-40s though lol.

At idle the CPU is has some of its cores shut off and is pulling somewhere around 10W versus at full load it can pull 10 times that.

Yeah, once i started running hwmonitor i saw the wattage changing and that gave me a better explanation. Also another little question, does coretemp have a maximum frequency it can report?

Yeah, once i started running hwmonitor i saw the wattage changing and that gave me a better explanation. Also another little question, does coretemp have a maximum frequency it can report?

I don't think so. Atleast not anything were going to reach on our CPUs today...

Back