• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

temperature, any ideas?

rysher

Gawd
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
895
isome questions on temperatures.

what's the standard/average temperature for a motherboard? (A8N32)
what's the temperature that it burns?
what's the maximum temp i can have on it?

what's the standard/average temperature for cpu? (opteron 165)
what's the temperature it burns?
what's the maximum temp i can push it to?

thanks for all your answer.
 
Well my A8N32 is hot. It doesn't get along with my V-1000 case, but I have a blowhole which helps a little. I had an 80mm blowing on the southbridge and that cooled it off about 8 degrees or so, but it fell off :rolleyes:

Idle for A8N32: 47-50 C.
 
rysher said:
isome questions on temperatures.

what's the standard/average temperature for a motherboard? (A8N32)
what's the temperature that it burns?
what's the maximum temp i can have on it?

what's the standard/average temperature for cpu? (opteron 165)
what's the temperature it burns?
what's the maximum temp i can push it to?

thanks for all your answer.

I'm not sure about the motherboard but the cpu I can mostly answer.

30C-50C seems to be standard for a opteron
it burns at about 70C
I personally wouldn't go above 55C under load.
 
Right now, surfing the HardForum, my 32 is at 32C (lol). I see it go up to 40 on a warm day while running rthdribl at 1152x864
 
[H]Opterown said:
Well my A8N32 is hot. It doesn't get along with my V-1000 case, but I have a blowhole which helps a little. I had an 80mm blowing on the southbridge and that cooled it off about 8 degrees or so, but it fell off :rolleyes:

Idle for A8N32: 47-50 C.

I get about the same temps idle same case with my Opty 165 not OC'd. Didn't see the point in even attemping to OC at idle temps like that. It was my first time mounting a HS though so I've got a feeling I did a piss poor job at applying the thermal paste. I'm going to try redoing the HS this weekend and see if it makes a difference, if not I might start looking into WC solutions.
 
To the OP: a simple 80MM fan worked wonders for my 32's temps. I push the air up so it doesn't get traped under my GTs. The reader seems to be at or near the SB. I belive this because I had less success with the NB.
 
Back
Top