temp files.......

gamekid

Gawd
ok, i knew computers made temp files of stuff on the internet.....and as i was messing around...i foudn this folder that was originally hidden under my user folder.....and there i found clips that i downloaded months ago, i want to know how i can get rid of this stuff....just delete everything? - theres a lot of small wierd file names and extentions.........i foudn a lot of weird logs of stuff....kinda creepy if u ask me

and also...why are there hidden folders like this? - the only way i was able to get into it was by hiding every file in my user folder and then unhiding it....

o yeah...its windows vista home premium 32 bit

Why does it happen? Browser caching. I keep a 250 MB buffer for caching with the hope that my browsing will be faster the second time around if a refresh is not required. I don't know what you mean about the hidden folder thing, but it might just be that some files were hidden, so you clicked on the hide box and it hid everything, then clicked on it again, and unhid everything.

- theres a lot of small wierd file names and extentions.........i foudn a lot of weird logs of stuff....kinda creepy if u ask me

and also...why are there hidden folders like this? - the only way i was able to get into it was by hiding every file in my user folder and then unhiding it....
Before I say "Off with their heads!", question:
What folder(s) are they in? Most likely they're internet cache files. Your web browser saves them so it doesn't have to re download then every time you revisit a website. The typical home computer usually has 10s of thousands of them. If that's what they are, off them, and frequently.

You should easily be able to set up Vista to be able to see all the files on you computer including hidden and system files.

ccleaner deals with all that stuff pretty well. And it's free. Just make sure you don't choose to install the stupid toolbar thing it comes with.

thats the thing.....i opened a word document from the internet.....wanted to save it...i pressed save instead of save as and didnt know where i saved it, i clicked save as and it was in the temp folder........so i opened "my computer" and tried to find the folder manually...but it was missing...thats why a hid and re-hid everything

Back