• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tell me about the Koolance Case

GuitarWizzard

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 28, 2002
Messages
338
Im interested in the Koolance case, the blue one for 209.99. IS it good? One thing i noticed was that the tubing looked kinda small?
 
What're you looking for? It's good if you want silence, but if you want actual overclocking performance in watercooling, you'll need to look elsewhere.
 
Dont know what your talking about, ive been able to push my about 400+mhz over limit and temps have gone up maby 1 degree. AMD 2100+ orig, got to a 2600+
 
i have the external model and i love it. That case looks like a heavy pile of crap that i didnt want. As far as cooling goes, i dont think its negligable what kind of difference you'll see from the external one
 
Ok, some more questions. What is the diameter of the lines? Also, like ona maze 3 block for socket A, i see it attachtes with screws, there are no screw holes on my motherboard?
 
I think the lines are 3/8" OD 1/4" ID.

Koolances, and most of the kits use this thin tubing. There are srguments on both ends about it, but as far as i can see thin and large tubing systems seem to perform quite well if the parts are matched up properly.
 
no mounting holes are required to secure the waterblock down...

its hard to expalin with words, but the kit is self explanatory...

it uses teh zif socket to hold it self on, like a regular heatsink


-paulm
 
Originally posted by GuitarWizzard
Any answers for my waterblock question?
no need for screw mount holes on your motherboard, the block mounts to the ziff tabs on the socket...

click the enlarge...
 
I was actually reffering to a maze 3, will that work with no holes? Also, how does the koolance block compare?
 
Maze3 is not compatible, the tubing difference is rather great.

The maze is meant for bolt mouting, but I think there is an optional socket hold-down setup. Most of those add-on hold downs are very similar to Koolance's mounting method.
 
There is still people here who think they are hard since they did it themself :D

Don´t worry no problems at all overclocking with Koolance setups.

About the case I really like my Chieftec one. Very practical. I only wished you could remove the hole blackplate with mainboard still installed on it since it would help being able to fast remove mainboard and everything when flowtesting and then just put it back in.

I also like the fact it weights tons. Makes it feel like a high quality case and not like those plastic ones.
 
I am surprised at the performance of the koolance wb. Up until today I was using a swiftech mcw5000 with a dteck heatercore and a eheim 1250. I got my exos al in the mail a few days ago and had the time to switch everything over today. I tried to run the exos with my swifty but the size differance from 1/4 to 3/8's was to much for these pumps, so I went to Fry's and picked up the Koolance 200g wb. I have allways been iffy about this block. Let me tell you it performs I am actually running cooler on this set up than I was on my old one. I have noticed however that my load temps went up by 2 degrees c but also idle temps or normal use temps are down by 2c. I think its a great setup
 
Back
Top