Tell me about my Processor

Light1984

Gawd
Hi all,

I recently purchased what you see in my sig, and I am not familiar with the stepping or revision and all that. I have read through different threads about different processors and people say if you have such and such stepping its really good or not good for overclocking. So can anyone tell me for my processor if I did good or not by looking at my CPU-Z report? Also, I believe the 9950 is rated at 4000mhz hyper transport which is hyper transport 3 speeds if I am not mistaken, is that the same thing as the HT link which reads only 2000mhz on the CPU-Z report?

Thanks,
Josh

cpusg0.jpg

Your ht at 2000 it is right because I believe it doubles itself to give the 4000. Also you have a 9950 so you can overclock with multipliers which will give you a better overclock then trying to overclock the bus speed. Finally with revisions I believe you would be talking about the difference between a B2 or a B3, the difference is that the B3 fixes a bug that B2 had (nothing you would ever notice in desktop use) but you have a B3 so your fine.

Back