Tekken 6 going multiplatform as well

Another exclusive bites the dust. Namco/Bandai just announced a simultaneous 360 and PS3 release of Tekken 6 in the fall of 09' can't wait for this one!

Source
Link

MS or Namco better come out with a usable controller with a suitable dpad for this game...should have did that with SF4 if you ask me.

Wow, sony really arent that bothered with exclusivity on lots of games anymore. Maybe they thought those games have run their course, bit of a mistake with gta4 though lol!

I think realistically it would cost too much to buy exclusivity on these games this gen. They don't have the market share to sweeten the deal for developers so they'd have to keep writing massive cheques.

Good for Tekken fans. The arcade runs on PS3 derived hardware. Namco has their work cut out with this port. But god it's still a year away. :(

Based on the vids I've seen I don't think the game will be taxing either hardware. :D

ive only seen stills and i was expecting more, maybe i need to see a hd vid

Weapons + Tekken = win :D

Looks very slick in motion....as you would expect. Devil Jin is back too so I'm happy.

I haven't played a Tekken game in quite some time, but it's cool that it's coming out on the Xbox 360 also, this time out. I haven't bought a fighting game in quite some time too, so I'll keep my eye on this one.

Fighting games used to really appeal to me when I was younger, sitting around playing with my bro's and what not. But now with a wife & job and 2 kids when my bro's do come over it's to watch football and drink or play rockband and drink.

Tekken is easily my favorite fighter, but it's took so damn long to come out, especially now since their adding the arcade expansion to it, fall 2009 in Japan.

Color me unimpressed.

Tekken 6 isn't that much more advanced than the HD version of Tekken 5:DR...so I don't think either machine will have any issues with it. The weapons are overstated. If you watch decent players playing the game, it doesn't look much different from previous games. Still, I'm a huge fan so that isn't necessarily bad.
The problem is that the 360 pad sucks ass for fighting games. I love that the 360's getting this and SF4, but playing them on that pad is like trying to play an FPS with an NES pad.
If they're going to bother to bring out these hyper competetive games for the 360, we NEED some better control options that don't involve importing things from shady looking online stores in Korea.

Tekken 6 isn't that much more advanced than the HD version of Tekken 5:DR...so I don't think either machine will have any issues with it. The weapons are overstated. If you watch decent players playing the game, it doesn't look much different from previous games. Still, I'm a huge fan so that isn't necessarily bad.
The problem is that the 360 pad sucks ass for fighting games. I love that the 360's getting this and SF4, but playing them on that pad is like trying to play an FPS with an NES pad.
If they're going to bother to bring out these hyper competetive games for the 360, we NEED some better control options that don't involve importing things from shady looking online stores in Korea.

Yep, i dont even consider any future fighting game such as SF4 or TK6 being purchased for my 360. Purely due to the controller aspect.

Why would anyone choose to play a fighting game on a controller anyway? Arcade stick if you're serious about it.

I'm a fan of the pad. With Tekken tournaments you'll see a pretty even split, too. Lots of the top tournament players can use both just fine. It's not as easy to hit certain buttons simultaniously, but a good d-pad is at least in threory faster than a stick. I can wave-dash on both, so I figure it doesn't get much more technical than that.
Maybe I'm just too physical, but with the arcade sticks I had to rig a method to strap them down to keep me from jerking them all over the place. When it's embedded into a 500lb stand-up machine it isn't an issue, but for a 2lb. joystick, I jerk them all over the place.

People on the Tekken sites are flipping out over this. It's absolutely scary and makes the people crying over Final Fantasy on the 360 seem calm.
Nobody is complaining about anything logical either. Everyone is acting like Namco somehow betrayed Sony.
If anyone is bored, scan SDTekken, Zaibatsu, etc.
Some people are even implying that the game needed Blu-Ray to reach its full potential. LOL...they fit the last game into a relatively small download. The only things taking up any space are movies, and it's not like they're even uncompressed.
Scary, scary stuff out there.

Another exclusive bites the dust. Namco/Bandai just announced a simultaneous 360 and PS3 release of Tekken 6 in the fall of 09' can't wait for this one!

Source
Link

MS or Namco better come out with a usable controller with a suitable dpad for this game...should have did that with SF4 if you ask me.

LOL...who uses dpads for arcade fighters. Arcade sticks on the SIXAXIS and 360 controller for the win. Play them as god intended.

I'll whup you with a d-pad :) God didn't have the option to have d-pads on coin-op units up until Tekken 5.

I'll whup you with a d-pad :) God didn't have the option to have d-pads on coin-op units up until Tekken 5.

Which is unfortunate. Nobody can stop me with the sticks. I am a madman with the sticks...it's crack like. :eek:

Back