Teh highest intel clock?

I remember seeing someone get one up to 7ghz or something rediculous. I don't have the link or anything and I can't really tell you how he did it because I wasn't into computers at that point so when my friend sent it to me I was just like "OHEMGEE T3H GIGAHERTZ!!!!11one" then closed the window. This was maybe summer of 2004? or the fall? I don't really remember.

7ghz??? I was thinking more around 5ghz max.

Wow.think, what that would be like? :D

I've seen screenies of a p4 at 7.6ghz over at XS somewhere...but as far as I was concerned it didn't really count because all it could do was run memtest. No os or anything.

And what would it be like? Well, it would probably encode videos and music really damn fast and still get owned at gaming. :)

Eva_Unit_0 said:
I've seen screenies of a p4 at 7.6ghz over at XS somewhere...but as far as I was concerned it didn't really count because all it could do was run memtest. No os or anything.

And what would it be like? Well, it would probably encode videos and music really damn fast and still get owned at gaming. :)

lol i would like to see any Amd overclocked to 4.0ghz beat a 7.6ghz in gaming.

Yeah, saw 7.6 over at XS which is damn impressive seeing that it's a 100% overclock. And if you're looking for something that'll beat some AMD ass at gaming you can opt for a dothan.

"teh" is generally something typed by people who can not type, and are too lazy to go back and fix their spelling errors. Of course "teh" along with other words such as "pr0n" have become acceptable and common place.

mikemodano9c said:
t-e-h

that's so last year...

Meh, how about you try that one on for size. :p

Too bad it won't boot into windows. Teh next windows version comes out in 2009 mabey? So by then we will see more people that have reached this clock. Hopefully the next OS version will support speeds much higher.

Firebat said:
lol i would like to see any Amd overclocked to 4.0ghz beat a 7.6ghz in gaming.

ehhh? the AMD would f******* kill the intel, my fiends 3800 @ stock beat a 4 GHZ intel
2.4 GHz vs 4??//

Righttttttt. Even the worlds fastest AMDcouldn't beat it. AMD's advantage doesn't compensate for a 3.5ghz difference.

Not too sure, but maybe with the new Presler, that overclocked to it's *max* would beat an AMD overclocked to its *max*.

perplex said:
Not too sure, but maybe with the new Presler, that overclocked to it's *max* would beat an AMD overclocked to its *max*.

amd still wins...

a dual core athlon @ 3-3.2ghz > a presler ~5ghz

yeah, well my p4 has longer pins. and they have more girth too. neither of these facts are on topic at all, but they are in sync with many other comments in this thread

/yeah, amds are nice. even though the ladies love the intels due to their aformentioned measurements, i may have to build an amd system next

pre1014 said:
yeah, well my p4 has longer pins. and they have more girth too. neither of these facts are on topic at all, but they are in sync with many other comments in this thread

/yeah, amds are nice. even though the ladies love the intels due to their aformentioned measurements, i may have to build an amd system next

Don't get me wrong, i love amd, it is the best gaming proccessor. BUT in this instance it would get it's ass kicked.

I don't think it would get it's ass kicked. A FX 60 @ 3.3 vs this = 3.3X2=6.6GHz
this is just 1 GHZ higher.

Enjoicube said:
I don't think it would get it's ass kicked. A FX 60 @ 3.3 vs this = 3.3X2=6.6GHz

Too bad that isn't how it works.

Enjoicube said:
Holy shitballs.

As it turns out I'm currently running a 4.8GHz processor!!!

Who knew!?!?

Back