Technology Gone Wrong

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why would anyone pay $100 for an internet connected litterbox?

That's what Tailio is for: it's a smart scale that sits under the litter box and monitors the, ahem, "elimination behaviors" of your favorite feline as well as its tare weight. Seriously. The WiFi-gizmo's creators say that this is to make keeping an eye on your cat's health easier, and act as an early detection system for any possible ailments.

at least cats and cat people tend to be less annoying and in-your-face/crotch

at least cats and cat people tend to be less annoying and in-your-face/crotch

Dog people leave a lot more poop behind in public places too and tend to bring a lot more fleas inside their homes because of the on-going in and out of dogs compared to cats that are usually happy staying indoors all the time. It makes dog people really disgustingly dirty, but I think the choice of the worst possible pet (dog) might just be a symptom of deeper disorders and a general lack of concern about hygiene or caring for your surroundings.

Dog people leave a lot more poop behind in public places too and tend to bring a lot more fleas inside their homes because of the on-going in and out of dogs compared to cats that are usually happy staying indoors all the time. It makes dog people really disgustingly dirty, but I think the choice of the worst possible pet (dog) might just be a symptom of deeper disorders and a general lack of concern about hygiene or caring for your surroundings.

after your comments about sex last and then this gem, I have come to the conclusion that you truly are an idiot

Sounds like you need to be kept indoors and protected.

I would. Litter box with web cam pointed at it. Every time the cat shits, it sends a tweet #shittingcat.

Amazing.

It makes dog people really disgustingly dirty, but I think the choice of the worst possible pet (dog) might just be a symptom of deeper disorders and a general lack of concern about hygiene or caring for your surroundings.

As someone who is currently shopping for a dog, I have to say I completely agree with you. I've seriously never been introduced to another demographic that is as disproportionately insane as "dog people". It's really making me question my choice.

Sounds like you need to be kept indoors and protected.

I like inside! It's safe and cozy, buut I do go out pretty much every single day to work, exercise, and do other stuff.

Aw gee! Why isn't there a blushy-looking smile thing to use? It'd be perfect for this!

As someone who is currently shopping for a dog, I have to say I completely agree with you. I've seriously never been introduced to another demographic that is as disproportionately insane as "dog people". It's really making me question my choice.

There are some really, really weird cat people too. I mean the stereotypical crazy cat lady does exist and she's completely insane so us cat people aren't immune to it. Like this one who owns 130 cats! :eek"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Q3UJHrkU

But most cat people are pretty normal seeming. Though I love my kitty very much and she's super great company, even a kitty needs a lot of cleaning and care (though yesterday's news brand kitty litter is great since it's like pellet based and not only doesn't stick to paws, but also is big enough to easily sweep up with a broom). I just don't get how someone can own a dog and willingly live with the parasites they get on them and bring inside pretty much constantly. Fleas in particular are utterly gross and even if you treat your dog with Frontline or something to kill them, they don't die instantly and dogs invariably bring them into the house.

No pets are best, I think. But if you get lonely, a cat is usually huggable, fun, and a lot less dirty. I can't imagine living with a dog. Bleah!

What's the difference between a dog and cat for a pet?

If you fall dead, your dog will guard your body.

If you fall dead, your cat will eat you.

I don't have cats for a reason, plus my German Shepard scares away possible intruders.

Cats walk in a litter box full of shit and piss then walk all over your house, how is that clean?

My dogs life their legs and pee OUTSIDE and don't walk around in it before coming inside, seems a lot cleaner to me than a box of piss-soaked litter sitting in my laundry room.

Cat lovers are nuts.

What's the difference between a dog and cat for a pet?

If you fall dead, your dog will guard your body.

If you fall dead, your cat will eat you.

I don't have cats for a reason, plus my German Shepard scares away possible intruders.

Cats walk in a litter box full of shit and piss then walk all over your house, how is that clean?

My dogs life their legs and pee OUTSIDE and don't walk around in it before coming inside, seems a lot cleaner to me than a box of piss-soaked litter sitting in my laundry room.

Cat lovers are nuts.

Dogs are dumb for standing over a corpse that doesn't need to be watched or protected. Cats are super efficient because they'll make good use of the leftover stuff before it gets yucky and rotten.

I doubt that an intruder is going to care about a pet at all either way, but given the cost of a large dog, you could probably easily afford to live in a safer neighborhood if you weren't soaking up the expenses associated with ownership.

A littler box (well mine anyhow) is cleaned right after its used. My kitty doesn't like to deal with a dirty box and it just speaks volumes about how uninformed dog owners are if that's their misconception about cat litter.

Your dog brings in parasites. Tapeworms that are supposed to be in pets (and are carried by fleas that are carried by fleas on your dog) can get confused inside a human and live in your BRAIN of all places.

Both dog and cat "people" are batshit crazy - regardless of pet. Get a pet, keep it clean, don't let your house become a cesspool - enjoy the antics of a furry animal. It's not that hard.

Well, at least from now on when a cat poops somewhere, the internet wouldn't be out of the loop.

My cat is smarter than most people I know.

Back