• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Technology Forum

Should we have a [H] Technology Forum


  • Total voters
    132
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason711 said:
so you voted no, but you still think wouldnt hurt? how much more could one possibly contradict themselves? :eek:

the reason why the poll is the way it is, is because ppl want the forum! obviously ppl that are not interested are not even going to click and read about it. they didnt vote, that is their problem... this poll is not loaded. ill admit the wording isnt the best, but it obviously means for you to choose yes or no.

I voted no to correct for the bias in the poll. As you said, the wording isn't best - QFT! The wording in surveys like this matters, and this was some very loaded wording, which leads to biased results. I voted the way I did so the results of the survey would more accurately represent the true value that it was designed to measure. Presumably we're trying to discover what percent of people think a Sci/Tech subforum is a good idea, so correcting for bias is the right thing to do to get closer to the real numbers.

-SEAL
 
QFT? the very fact you voted no, KNOWING Full well what the poll was asking is very stupid. just mho.
 
ChingChang said:
I suggested this awhile ago:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=764884

MajorDomo said to put everything tech related into general hardware.
This is why I suggested "Science & Technology" instead of just "Technology". Apologies to braidman for jacking his thread if this isn't what he intended, but I get the feeling we're thinking along similar lines here. There's a difference between technology and science, though obviously they are woven together inextricably. What I'm looking for is a place for questions and discussion about the science behind our technology, and not necessarily about the technology itself, if that makes sense.

Thanks for bumping this thread a week or so ago, braidman; glad to see it's getting some attention! :)
 
As I had said earlier, if we can have a car subforum, why the heck not a SciTech forum?? :confused: It sounds like a good idea to me and it doesn't seem right to have to relegate these topics to the General Hardware or GenMay forums...
 
wtburnette said:
As I had said earlier, if we can have a car subforum, why the heck not a SciTech forum?? :confused: It sounds like a good idea to me and it doesn't seem right to have to relegate these topics to the General Hardware or GenMay forums...

Yeah!

Say NO! to discrimation of us science geeks!
 
I came across Science Forums if anybody watching this thread is interested. This very roughly the kind of content I would hope to see in a hypothetical [H] Sci/Tech forum (example thread). Only with more of a focus on technology and current science than helping people with their homework, I suppose.
 
at the very least some of it will be [H]ard to understand :D you got my vote
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top