Technoids Show Their Love of Tech in Tattoos

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are really into the technology scene, why not show it off to the masses? If you are a dedicated geek, the most sincere form of tribute to the industry would be to show it off as a tattoo. The guys over at Business Insider compiled some geek tats from Flickr to give you some incentive. :D

dscf1115cp.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img848/5742/dscf1116r.jpg
dsc02162g.jpg

img0400b.jpg

592011103628pm.png

The circuits on my arm are also black light ink as is the NVIDIA claw in the large chip that has circuit tentacles coming out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
The tats in the thread are actually cool versus the ones in the article. The only one I liked was the chip on the shoulder. Corporate logos suck, unless you founded the company. I am interested in what you were building in those tat pics....sad lol.

That's all going to look great when you're 70.

The pic on the front page is the best...tattooed onto a blubber arm. Now that guy can't even lose weight without looking like he got attacked with a printing press.

That's all going to look great when you're 70.

The pic on the front page is the best...tattooed onto a blubber arm. Now that guy can't even lose weight without looking like he got attacked with a printing press.

I hope to still being doing Crossfit at 70 (45 now, just finished first Crossfit Open WOD so not too bad for being and old fart). If I can keep it up then my arms should look okay by then.

The tats in the thread are actually cool versus the ones in the article. The only one I liked was the chip on the shoulder. Corporate logos suck, unless you founded the company. I am interested in what you were building in those tat pics....sad lol.

That is why it is in invisible black light ink :D

Here is the rig in that pic bud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMT5dWeNscg

More pictures at my blog in my sig

Are those safe? I seem to recall reading something that glow in the dark/fluorescent tattoo inks were not exactly safe.

They are safe unless you go to EXTREME cold temperatures, like -30F, which is the point where the molecule holding the UV paint inside it will rupture, and then be absorbed into your blood system.

So unless you travel to the north pole often, or play around Liquid Nitrogen often (which a true uber g33k would, right?) you should be safe.

They are safe unless you go to EXTREME cold temperatures, like -30F, which is the point where the molecule holding the UV paint inside it will rupture, and then be absorbed into your blood system.

So unless you travel to the north pole often, or play around Liquid Nitrogen often (which a true uber g33k would, right?) you should be safe.

I use LN2 (I work the ASUS booth at events) but only have gotten burns on my finger tips. LN2 has to sit on your skin a moment before it actually makes contact.

This is the stuff in my tats

http://www.jokertattoo.net/tattoo-i...dy-tattoo-ink-8-color-black-light-set-20.html

Pink, the singer, has a bar code tattoo on the back of her neck, ala Agent 47

That tattoo says "Adam Bert Duston" in binary ASCII, btw. If you arn't supposed to trust someone with two names ... what about someone with three?

lol i've had the yamaha fase and the beretta fase, the yamaha logo was like ok it's just an idea but the more serious beretta thing i've gave up because i found out that the guy who developed the logo surgically took one of his ribs out to be able to suck his own thing... i thought: i dont want any related with that on my body... oh, at this point i dont have any tattoos (GOOD for me lol) :D

Back