Technet's new search...

Phoenix86

Supreme [H]ardness
Blows chunks.

I mean come on, I understand "eating you own dog food" buy you NEVER replace a functional product with... this... crap.

I used to be able to find docs in a heartbeat. Now I'm using google to search for known technet docs.

Example. I'm searching for this doc. I know the title is close to "ram virtual memory pagefile" so I search.

New technet search. Note the doc isn't even listed.
Good old Google. Note the doc is first ranked.

Finding new docs also painfull. Hello, relevance searching?

WTF. :mad:

Google is by far the most powerful internet search tool ever made. The things you can find with some creative google syntax.....

Yeah google does have everyone beat for now. Dogpile used to be good way back when but, now it sucks.

LittleMe said:
This was my KB search

This is the direct link to the TechNet KB search engine, not the all microsoft.com one.
Good to know that search hasn't changed (yet?). Looks like I'll switch to it, that is until MS changes it to search.microsoft.com as well, which I fully expect.

Thanks.

Funny thing is on the first post I hit both links and in both cases that doc was first. I hate to say it but I fail to see the problem.

madmat said:
Funny thing is on the first post I hit both links and in both cases that doc was first. I hate to say it but I fail to see the problem.
wow. What you are seeing now is NOT was was produced just 45 minutes ago.

:confused:

I just submitted a problem report and re-did the search when I submitted it. I checked again, and the doc was not listed in the search result list.

Now it's first.

:confused: x eleventy billion.

Back