Technet re-upping - additional keys?

fleggett

Gawd
I wasn't sure where to ask this, but figured this would be the most appropriate forum.

If you re-up your Technet subscription, do you get an additional set of keys or are you "stuck" with the original keys that came with the original sub?

I had a Technet subscription that I let expire, then registered for a new subscription a few months later but using the same Windows Live email. The new subscription provided a new set of keys but also displays the keys from the expired subscription.

I had a Technet subscription that I let expire, then registered for a new subscription a few months later but using the same Windows Live email. The new subscription provided a new set of keys but also displays the keys from the expired subscription.

At a cost of $250 or so, I wouldn't chance it. Just create another email to be 100% sure......

Honestly, if the number of keys you are given isn't enough, TechNet isn't what you should be looking for.

Honestly, if the number of keys you are given isn't enough, TechNet isn't what you should be looking for.

Agreed and in my experience TechNet has always been generous if you call them if you need a new key or two.

I have no idea why Microsoft limits me to so few machines. I mean I have tons of frie..er.. "test machines" I need keys for. 8P

Use the volume licensing keys. "Unlimited" registrations.

Most newer products - Windows 7, Office 2010, Office 2007, Vista, etc - don't use the old VLK registration model, they use MAKs which are similar in principle but don't work quite the same way.

And they're not available through TechNet anyway, at least not the TechNet Plus "standard" subscription that so many people have these days for no other (serious) reason than getting more keys per product than you'd get with the 1-key-per-product retail licensing.

Back