[techeye] reasons for kepler delays? Release for 2nd half '12?

Ok I'm surprised that amd card can handle physx. Tried some other games and yup. So all this $ to put phsyx in games to give nvidia an edge is pointless?

I have no idea what is going on, but remember that silence doesn't have to mean "We got nothing," it can mean "We got something really cool and don't want it leaking early."

I agree. But if they wait to long then the competition releases something better shortly after them and jumps back on top

Ok I'm surprised that amd card can handle physx. Tried some other games and yup. So all this $ to put phsyx in games to give nvidia an edge is pointless?

The AMD card isn't handling Physx because AMD cards can't run Physx. It is Nvidia proprietary. Unless you are using a second Nvidia GPU in your system, you aren't using GPU-accelerated Physx, the CPU is doing it.

How do you know physics is even running? Because you have that little check box marked? That means nothing...

It is definitely running. It looks so much better with it on. Regardless of it running on cpu or not. Physx works with the 2600k and 7970.

This is awesome

A friend just tried batman and said it runs too!

I JUST FINISHED PLAYING ALICE MADNESS RETURNS EYEFINITY MAXED PHYSX!!!

GPU PhysX is NOT CPU PhysX...

No, really, it isn't even close, they don't even show the full effects on CPU.

Grab any of the batmans, they are the poster child of PhysX, watch how the Scarecrow scenes oughta look on youtube, compare to what you get on your screen and you will realize that it is 2 very different things.

i have yet to try batman. one thing for sure is it runs max phsyx alice madness

i just watched youtubes of it and it is the same

I agree. But if they wait to long then the competition releases something better shortly after them and jumps back on top

Well i guess they were more than 6 months late with the GTX480 and still managed to bring out the GTX580 before AMD while keeping the single GPU crown in their camp.

Conclusion? To come out after you competition does not mean automatically that the competition beats you with the refresh products.

Well i guess they were more than 6 months late with the GTX480 and still managed to bring out the GTX580 before AMD while keeping the single GPU crown in their camp.

Conclusion? To come out after you competition does not mean automatically that the competition beats you with the refresh products.
I agree. The thing is they are in "holy shit" mode scrambling and this might rush another crappy 4xx series. Whereas AMD has all this leisure time to do a quality refresh

The AMD card isn't handling Physx because AMD cards can't run Physx. It is Nvidia proprietary. Unless you are using a second Nvidia GPU in your system, you aren't using GPU-accelerated Physx, the CPU is doing it.

don't waste your breath....he cant seem to grasp that fact

No, AMD cards do not support physx. One specific example is in Batman: AC, if you run the in game benchmark, in the 3rd to last scene, there are bullets hitting windows and shards of glass fly everywhere on NV cards. Also, in Batman: AA there are newspapers on the ground and such that will fly everywhere as you run over them.

The downside is that hardware physx has a ridiculously large performance penalty in most games, and its really not that impressive. Physx does not impress me at all and it is not a factor in my buying decisions. The other thing is that physx is not even usable without SLI - when I run batman : AC on a 580 in single card mode, its herky jerky in a lot of scenes unless I enable SLI. At least in metro 2033 and batman: AC, you really need SLI to make it worthwhile.

Actually Batman AA would not run physx for me at all with only a single GTX 580. The game kept crashing just after opening until I manually disabled physx in either an ini or cfg file. (forget which at this point)

Actually Batman AA would not run physx for me at all with only a single GTX 580. The game kept crashing just after opening until I manually disabled physx in either an ini or cfg file. (forget which at this point)

Hmm,works fine for me. I have the GOTY edition though, not sure if that makes a difference - do you have the latest patch?

Back