Tech Support Gripes HERE!

trying to get ez armor apparently
trying to fill in the form but its rejecting the email
sub doesn't have @cfl.rr.com on email
went over that about 50 times
finally stuck at password instead
vfy mac
reset pass
subs security question is now useless because she didn't give me the actual year she was born and and gave me a 5 digit # instead
finally got the email address and password filled in correctly for ez armor (22 minutes into call)
tried to get to webmail
it wont come up
due to popup blocker presumably
tried typing it in directly (webmail.cFl.rr.com)
got in
sub opened wrong email
then closed webmail
logged in again
downloaded EZ armor
almost
sub can't click the download link
had to right click and save as, saved on desktop
or not
sub is saving it in her recycle bin instead
well i really dont know what its doing, she says its deleting files
that doesn't sound good but i dont really think she could have found a way to delete anything important from a "save as" dialog.
tried to check desktop to see if by some miracle the ezArmor_RR.exe is there
its not
sub keeps getting spyware popups too... (47 min now)
tried downloading it again
download to desktop apparently but still can't find it ?
suggested use search.. searched for "eza". no results
tried again. verified its downloading SOMEWHERE
the dialog box shows what its supposed to but even when he unchecks "close this dialog box when download completes" it still closes and the file is gone...
suggested use firefox to download it, i guess his IE is broken / corrupted / full of spyware
referred to www.getfirefox.com
IF he can download it that might work better

i'm not even sure what this guy was calling about, my notes seem to be incomplete at the beginning.
============

sub already in webmail
showed how to read email
sub read me all his email
cannot compose - popup blocker
great
disabled browser extensions
restarted IE
logged back into webmail...
compose works now
sent test message to another email account
worked
sent one back
worked

apparently that wasn't enough fun for one day, sub wants to know 'what else is new'
uhh
told sub about ez armor
helped him with that
or not
sub got as far as the email
when 'opens' the download link nothing happens
sub saw the installshield wizard
"where did it go"?
"i dont know"
restarted computer
ez armor came up while restarting
haha
finished restarting
tried download link again
this installation has detected you have antivirus software already on your computer that must be uninstalled before...
sub doesn't understand this
says he has nothing
whatever
told sub i can't help him with that
its been an hour
and he's getting very irate
'___ (my name), you're not helping me, let me talk to someone else'
'no'
convinced sub to hang up

Kaos said:
I was working on a symbol mc50/cisco VoIP project for walmart and i had a batch of handhelds with a purely defective OS/software package with no way to reload them (no install image/proprietary software) I was on a three-way call with my contact @ black box (or tel-aid cant remember) and a CCIE tech. The cisco tech had me hard reset the handhelds three times (i had already done this about 4 times previous to his call) He kept asking me to access the phone application, which upon accessing, froze. The only thing you could do was exit out of the frozen app. the app had the equivalent of an hourglass in the center of it and would not respond. So its about 5am after 7 hours of troubleshooting.

The cisco tech was like "just click on the f*ing application and put the settings in!"
so I was like..."I may not be a CCIE but i know that theres problems when ti wont work on three handhelds and we've tried everything possible. software most likely."

then he goes "fine you fix it then, if you think youre so smart"

at which point I hung up with him got the image after the first guy came in @ 7am at our contact (bb or telaid) reinstalled and it worked right away.

thanks cisco. big f'n help

one tech to another calls are always horrible in my opinion, i always avoid calling unless its absolutely necessary. thats how I learned alot of what I know.

I'm calling bullshit on this one....

Here is a customer gripe I overheard at Compusa:

Customer: I was browsing the internet and got a pop-up box from Time Warner Roadrunner that my pc has been infected from a virus. How can my pc be infected by a virus when Roadrunner is suppose to block it?

Tech: Sir, Roadrunner is the service which you get the internet, it is not physically on your computer, so your computer is not protected if Viruses get past the internet service.

Customer: What do you mean Roadrunner is not on my machine! If I don't have this Roadrunner I can't get internet service to my computer. Roadrunner is suppose to protect my computer from Viruses!

Tech: Sir, What you use is a Service, you need a program that you need to install to protect yourself from computer viruses.

Customer: What I need is You to take off this bug from my computer, I don't need extra software to install. I am going to find another Internet service that promises Virus Protection for my computer.

And this is one reason why some people think, just because your internet service provides virus protection, they can still get at your pc.

where i work, i constantly get:

person: my default printer changed.
me: ok, i'll be there in a few minutes to fix that.
i take 15 seconds to change this to the correct printer.
*couple days pass*
person: my default printer changed.
me: ok, i'll be there in a few minutes to fix that.
i take less than 15 seconds to fix it. i even show the people how to do this the first time and yet they keep calling me. *sigh* i guess this is what you call job security.

Back