Cubicle Warrior
n00b
- Joined
- Apr 15, 2005
- Messages
- 11
Short n sweet of it is this:
My rig is in 1 room, my monitor, mouse n keyboard in another.
I don't care about sound. Rig's in another room so I can't hear it anyway.
I don't care about appearence. I've always been a "function over form" kinda guy.
There's always a fan blowing on the rig (the whole room actually), so dust will be minimal.
It's placed on a small table by itself. Not exposed to traffic. Won't be bumped/banged in to.
I'm thinking about building a new rig, but i'm tired of spending money on "appearence". I don't care how the PC looks, it's what's on the screen that concerns me. With that in mind I thought why not just use a Tech Station instead of a case? Would be a helluva lot easier to build or maintain. Would save a few bucks (station instead of what I normally get, which is some kind of pricey aluminum thing... usually Lian Li...). It might even run cooler as everything is exposed to the air and the fan that's constantly going. Although I might go watercooling so that wouldn't even be important, but i'll decide that later.
So i'm thinking if this is such a great idea, why haven't I read of anyone else doing it? Especially the peeps that are into hardcore overclocking (I would be running at stock. Initially anyways...). Other than what i've listed above, what am I missing (if anything) as far as "you shouldn't do that because...."?
My rig is in 1 room, my monitor, mouse n keyboard in another.
I don't care about sound. Rig's in another room so I can't hear it anyway.
I don't care about appearence. I've always been a "function over form" kinda guy.
There's always a fan blowing on the rig (the whole room actually), so dust will be minimal.
It's placed on a small table by itself. Not exposed to traffic. Won't be bumped/banged in to.
I'm thinking about building a new rig, but i'm tired of spending money on "appearence". I don't care how the PC looks, it's what's on the screen that concerns me. With that in mind I thought why not just use a Tech Station instead of a case? Would be a helluva lot easier to build or maintain. Would save a few bucks (station instead of what I normally get, which is some kind of pricey aluminum thing... usually Lian Li...). It might even run cooler as everything is exposed to the air and the fan that's constantly going. Although I might go watercooling so that wouldn't even be important, but i'll decide that later.
So i'm thinking if this is such a great idea, why haven't I read of anyone else doing it? Especially the peeps that are into hardcore overclocking (I would be running at stock. Initially anyways...). Other than what i've listed above, what am I missing (if anything) as far as "you shouldn't do that because...."?
