Tech FAIL Product of the Day

2d644e0e93f7f9a9a01b3eaca2b43f7b21cacd8a80d1bcf5d463345aa3e9b63f.jpg
Internationally recognized room temperature is 20C, this is 68F. The common U.S. Office setting of 72F is already a compromise position. Set it any higher than that, and you are going to have an irate Zarathustra[h] on your hands, possibly looking for a new job, because he can't be comfortable in the office.

Deodorant, by itself, fails me after like two hours.
Try after you shower and dry off (which I'm assuming you do every day before getting dressed, because showering the night before will leave you slightly 'ripe' to start the next day already), wiping down your whole armpit area as well as the area surrounding it, with rubbing alcohol. It will kill off the bacteria that contributes to the smell. THEN put on your deoderant and let it dry before putting on your shirt. Shaving your 'pits will also help keep the stink at bay (arm hair is a great breeding ground for the bacteria that contributes to the stink), if anyone asks you can tell they why you're doing it to SAVE THEIR NOSES from the potential stink, but remember, it won't interfere with pheromones that attract the ladies. That will help extend the amount of time that the deoderant can be effective. Oh, and never wear a shirt twice without washing it. Same with your jackets; the bacteria lives in there in the armpit areas in minute numbers because it spread into the material at some point previously but perhaps doesn't smell itself because of the material it's on, but it's just waiting for a chance to contact your moist shirt armpit area to spread and rapidly multiply again, and then you have stink.
Most people almost never wash their jackets. It's a prime reason for 'old people smell'. I was guilty of it myself until one day, I realized that virtually none of my coats or jackets were ever cleaned since I purchased them (not including blazers/suits, but those jackets need to be cleaned regularly, too, or will contribute to stink). Now every overcoat or jacket gets washed at least at the end of it's 'season'. Leather as needed. Suit jackets/blazers, after any day where my shirt underarms are wet, because it got the jacket, too. I don't want to be the smelly guy.

I work in a 35-40c kitchen over fire all day. Antiperspirant is bad for me in those conditions. Though I don't smell, the sweat wet would be a huge bonus to lose.

Not every solution is the best for every person. In a lot of jobs, sweating is actually important. It's the body's way of cooling off.

I'm just talking about the funk from the armpits. I can tell the difference between "Deodorant," and "Antiperspirant.."

BO is a horrible thing to have to endure.

LOL, no. You just aren't noticing your own... "aroma", but you stink. In fact, you're probably "that one guy" that prompts everyone around to breathe through their mouths and take an extra step away from you if they can. Have you ever left a room and come back really quickly because you forgot something and it smells like someone bombed the place with a can of air freshener? The best part about your statement is, that if it takes you a week to notice that you "stink bad", just what bouquet do you think it is everyone else around you thinks you smell like for the rest of the week? Man, that's nasty.

I only take showers because my balls get too sweaty If I don't. I'm a bit of a shut in so am not around the public much anyway.

Depends were in Asia they come from and what their genetics are. It's not a lie, its a proven fact.
Yup proven fact, because you said "many Asians" and not most. So how many are "many" 10, 100? 1000? I'm sure you could find that many of most any race that doesn't have bad BO.... and yes MANY of them :D

You know what cystic acne is?

Basically it's when your pores clog so hard that simply washing and regular acne remedies don't work.
So you get a huge buildup of pus, then blood in the pore as it swells.

This is the main reason I can't use antiperspirant or even something as simple as Gold Bond. If I do, I wind up with fucking lumps (painful ones) under my arms.

And I'm 43 fucking years old!

Basically, when The Great OEM was putting my family together, he must have decided to use cheap knock-off parts or something...

Basically it's when your pores clog so hard that simply washing and regular acne remedies don't work.
So you get a huge buildup of pus, then blood in the pore as it swells.

This is the main reason I can't use antiperspirant or even something as simple as Gold Bond. If I do, I wind up with fucking lumps (painful ones) under my arms.

And I'm 43 fucking years old!

Basically, when The Great OEM was putting my family together, he must have decided to use cheap knock-off parts or something...

That's what those are called!
I get those sometimes, they hurt like a SOB! I've had them to the point where if I'd raise my arm, being so swollen the skin would tear and the puss and blood would leak out. That has only happened twice so far, shit is excruciating.

I have to use antiperspirant otherwise I smell bad near the end of the day. I've tried a lot of them out there, and the one that I react to the least is Dove's. I actually ran out and went to buy more yesterday, and seen this. I'm giving it a go, so far no lumps.

Yup proven fact, because you said "many Asians" and not most. So how many are "many" 10, 100? 1000? I'm sure you could find that many of most any race that doesn't have bad BO.... and yes MANY of them :D

Should have checked out the link in my original post:

Population breakdown is as follows. Nearly 100% of Koreans, 85% of Japanese, 90% of Mongolians, etc... hope this answers your question.

abcc11A.png

In simple terms: Yellow is no body odour, blue is body odour.

Body odor, Asians, and earwax - Gene Expression

I'm reposting this link from my first post.

According to that map Canadian smell worse than Americans, I call bullshit on that.

I get those sometimes, they hurt like a SOB! I've had them to the point where if I'd raise my arm, being so swollen the skin would tear and the puss and blood would leak out. That has only happened twice so far, shit is excruciating.

I have to use antiperspirant otherwise I smell bad near the end of the day. I've tried a lot of them out there, and the one that I react to the least is Dove's. I actually ran out and went to buy more yesterday, and seen this. I'm giving it a go, so far no lumps.

Sticks are usually bad if you have skin conditions. Because they pick up the native flora on your skin, even if you just bathed there's usually some left. Spray-ons tend to be better.

Maybe think about taking a small package of wet wipes and a travel-size version of your deodorant to work. Then, mid-day, hit the head, wipe down a bit, and respray.

Sticks are usually bad if you have skin conditions. Because they pick up the native flora on your skin, even if you just bathed there's usually some left. Spray-ons tend to be better.

Maybe think about taking a small package of wet wipes and a travel-size version of your deodorant to work. Then, mid-day, hit the head, wipe down a bit, and respray.

I haven't found a good spray on, any you have experience with that works good?

Nullo works wonders. Used it on a few backpacking expeditions over the years.

I always thought that BO was because of urea in sweat, which if allowed to accumulate over time gave off a noticeable odor.

You can avoid this by controlling your sweat, or by washing yourself to remove the accumulation of urea on the skin.

Fairly sure if you get some sweaty asians they'll stink just as much as any other peoples.

My dishwasher is Afghani. She lacks underarm hair and never smells. On a camping trip where many days were spent hiking without a proper shower she still didn't smell. She does not use deodorant of any kind.

Basically it's when your pores clog so hard that simply washing and regular acne remedies don't work. So you get a huge buildup of pus, then blood in the pore as it swells. .
It's an abcess. You can get it anywhere on your body.
I get those sometimes, they hurt like a SOB! .
Either of you tried zinc supplements? I had bad acne when I was younger, tried all the routine treatments, nothing worked. Then found that zinc deficiencies can result in skin eruptions. Started on 50 mg a day, in a few weeks skin was clear. By the time I was in my 30's I figured I was past acne stage, stopped taking it when I ran out. Within a month, the acne and abcesses started to return.

Back