• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TDK burner not working right

Gibson

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
106
I have a 420N DVD writer and it's a 4x. I have the latest firmware for it. I buy 4x discs and it only burns at 2.4x WTF? The disk that came with it even only burned at 2.4x

I have nero 6 with the latest update. again WTF?
 
im not sure about this drive, but I bet the 4x is refering to max DVD-R write speeds, and 2.4x is the max dvd+r speeds.

i'd stick with DVD-R personally.
 
No, it's not a combo drive it only does +.

And I've tried FUJI, Memorex, and TDK so far.
 
TDK420N.. hmmm. probably an NEC ND1100A rebadge. Go to forum.rpc1.com and search for this drive, maybe you can download the NEC firmware, which ought to give you better media compatibility and performance.
 
Originally posted by Gibson
Could you be a little more specific?

Is it testing to see how fast it can write first or is the burn set to 2.4 or is "determine maximum speed" checked?
 
Back
Top