I'm having the *exact* problem that this guy here is having:<br>
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/static-ip-settings-will-not-stay-487001.html
When I set the configuration manually (IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS addesses) for IPv4 TCP/IP settings on my network adapter, the settings "apply", and display correctly in ipconfig, but when I go back into the TCP/IP settings, all fields are grayed out and the radio-buttons are set back to "Obtain IP addresses automatically". I honestly don't know where to start troubleshooting this problem, or where to look.
I'm experiencing the same problems both at home and school, and it seems to be related to installing active directory. On my computer at home, I installed active directory, *but in virtualboxs*, and didn't make any changes to the host (my reason for using VMs). Could this be related to the problem, though, or is it just a huge coincidence that both are having the same problem after installing AD?
I set up one VM running server 2008 and one running server 2003, who interacted directly with each other, but not with my computer (AFAIK). I installed DHCP and DNS on both... so could it have affected my network settings or something? That's also what we did at school...and why I'm thinking it might be that. However, I could be completely wrong. The last time I checked, though, if you set IP settings manually, they stay that way unless changed back to automatically assigned/obtained... but correct me if I'm wrong. The settings apply, and stay applied... so it's not like something is changing them back to automatically assigned. I'm also experiencing intermittent internet connectivity, for no reason at all, like the link above describes.
Simply put: When I go into the TCP/IP settings for my network adapter, it shows it as being automatically configured, even though it's successfully and currently manually configured.
Thanks guys... pulling my hair out right now. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated. I'd normally just fool around with everything until I figured it out, but it's been a day and I still haven't gotten it. I just want it fixed at this point
Take care!
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/static-ip-settings-will-not-stay-487001.html
When I set the configuration manually (IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS addesses) for IPv4 TCP/IP settings on my network adapter, the settings "apply", and display correctly in ipconfig, but when I go back into the TCP/IP settings, all fields are grayed out and the radio-buttons are set back to "Obtain IP addresses automatically". I honestly don't know where to start troubleshooting this problem, or where to look.
I'm experiencing the same problems both at home and school, and it seems to be related to installing active directory. On my computer at home, I installed active directory, *but in virtualboxs*, and didn't make any changes to the host (my reason for using VMs). Could this be related to the problem, though, or is it just a huge coincidence that both are having the same problem after installing AD?
I set up one VM running server 2008 and one running server 2003, who interacted directly with each other, but not with my computer (AFAIK). I installed DHCP and DNS on both... so could it have affected my network settings or something? That's also what we did at school...and why I'm thinking it might be that. However, I could be completely wrong. The last time I checked, though, if you set IP settings manually, they stay that way unless changed back to automatically assigned/obtained... but correct me if I'm wrong. The settings apply, and stay applied... so it's not like something is changing them back to automatically assigned. I'm also experiencing intermittent internet connectivity, for no reason at all, like the link above describes.
Simply put: When I go into the TCP/IP settings for my network adapter, it shows it as being automatically configured, even though it's successfully and currently manually configured.
Thanks guys... pulling my hair out right now. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated. I'd normally just fool around with everything until I figured it out, but it's been a day and I still haven't gotten it. I just want it fixed at this point
Take care!