• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tax upgrades

Ezteh

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
2,246
getting my taxes back soon and I want to upgrade my system, right now I have the following

Pentium 4 1.6ghz ( willamette, i think )
Intel mobo dell oem
2x512MB DDR PC3200 Mushkin *keeping
16x Lite-on DVD-ROM *keeping
16x NEC 3500A DVD±RW DL *keeping
20gb Maxtor drive *keeping
160gb Maxtor drive *keeping
ATi AIW 9600XT *keeping
all housed in a crappy dell case

Not what I'll mostly be using this for is graphic communications ( using illustrator,photoshop, 3d, etc...), and some gaming, mostly Star wars Kotor ( I and II ) and gta: sa when it comes out, as well as watching dvds

It needs to be under $475
heres what I have so far.

CoolerMaster Centurian 5 $79.99
Amd athlon64 3000+ 90nm ( winchester ) $155
Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 $106
maxtor 160gb sata $95.45

which brings the total to $459.41 with shipping

what do you think?
 
Nice, although you can probably work a Mail-In-rebate deal on a hard drive and get that for less. Good luck! :p
 
Might i suggest purchasing a seagate hdd from outpost.com? It has a 50 dollar rebate and is only 99 dollars right now. They also have a 120gb WD sata drive for same after rebate. I'm kind of in the same boat CPU wise and am interested to hear how your progress goes.
 
Back
Top