Taskbar up top, windows open up behind it =(

Phimp

Gawd
OK, I've tried to live with this issue for far too long and I just can't take it any longer.

Short version:
When i open a sub window in a program it opens up behind the taskbar which is at the top of the screen, so i can't grab the window to move it.

Long version:
In Windows XP. I've notice this on several different computers.
I have my taskbar at the top of my screen.
With some programs, when opening a new sub window (like opening an image in Photoshop and it pops up a new window of the image) it for some reason decides to be a pain in the ass and throw the window at the top of the screen, behind the taskbar. So I can't reach the top of the window to move the window, minimize, maximize, close, see the title, etc.

The only way to fix this (on a temp basis - every time it occurs) is to right click on the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar". This bumps the top of the window down where it's accessible. I then re-check "Lock the Taskbar" because I can't stand having it not locked.

I have the taskbar set to Lock (although it does this regardless of that setting, but switching it bumps the windows down into sight), set to NOT auto-hide, keep taskbar on top of other windows (when this isn't set, the taskbar isn't visible unless I minimize everything down and the windows when maximized take up the full screen over the taskbar which is annoying as crap.

So I really can't figure this out.
But I like having the taskbar up top and I hate this shitty little bug.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue, but I have photoshop and all of it's tools open on a 2nd monitor and have the canvases set to open up and be used on the main monitor (one with taskbar)

Any ideas? suggestions?

Right click taskbar, click properties, check the "Keep taskbar on top of windows" option. Press okay, done!

Or better, keep the taskbar on the bottom of the screen :rolleyes:

"Keep taskbar on top of windows" is checked.

If it is not, then it's annoying as hell to have to minimize all of your windows that are open so you can see the taskbar because it doesn't stay above the windows.

I'm used to having the taskbar up top, I like the look and feel of it, and this shouldn't be an issue to begin with.

Why can't programs just quit being stupid and realize that there's a f*#%ing taskbar there so don't put your shit up there.

you gee ayche.

Back