Target.com - Olevia 42 inch LCD HDTV Monitor - 342i

Very nice deal. Great TV for the price. Although, I still think the Westinghouse is better deal because of the quality.

I just got the Olevia 542i HDTV a week or so ago...the major difference is that this one (542i) includes ntsc and atsc tuners. So far I am well pleased with the picture quality. Looks great with the satellite TV. The other brand I was seriously considering was the Westy but the price was better on the Olevia.

I would advise people to not spend $1000 on something that cant handle 1080p. So Im gonna say not so [H]ot.

Edit: verified

342i LCD HD-Ready TV
+ 1366 x 768 Resolution (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
+ 1600:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
+ PixelWorks™ DNX-Digital Natural Expression™ Video Processing

I actually just bought one for my parents. I will say its pretty hot. For me, the 542i was $1050 after shipping and tax! Quoted from a fatwallet post I saw the other day, "show me a 1080p 42" for 1k and I'll name my next child after you"

fyi i recieved free shipping on it. I'm not sure how, it might be a universal deal or something.

Best price Ive seen on the 42" 1080p Westy is $1368. The price will continue to drop, I'd go for the Westy for not just the resolution but the number of inputs as well.

i bought one of these a while back in october, i called to verify that if it was broken what would they do. the guy on the phone said they would cross ship me another.

the stand was broken upon delivery, called target. the guy flatout lied to me, target won't even do exchanges. you have to send it back for a refund, wait the 2-3 weeks for the refund, then order another. They wouldn't even sell it to me for the price it was when i first bought it. Now it is december, and i'm still trying to get the 3 year warranty refunded, which they have no idea how to do.

The thick piece of glass on the TV is very nice, but the stand is a bit weak, it's held up by 2 little screws and the tv weighs a lot. I got a 46" westinghouse instead, love it.

Back