• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Taping Cables to Case

synergyo1

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
3,591
What type of tape would be appropiate for cable management inside a case, such as taping the IDE cables to the side of the case. I'm worried if the heat inside the case might cause the tape to do things I don't want it to :) I'm thinking eletrical tape should be sufficient?
 
I tend not to use the tape and use those plastic things with the adhesive in the back. When I used tape before, the heat made them leave residue when I wanted to remove them. The plastic thing had the adhesive in the back and a little hole to run zipties through. It ends out being pretty useful, and organized (if whats on the inside counts :) ).
 
I am sure I picked mine up at Radio Shack. But another place to check out is homedepot or places like that...they'll mosdef be cheaper
 
Homedepot has a ton for uber cheap, 2$ for 10 maybe? I'm also a fan of double sided super strong, i forget the technical name, tape
 
3m makes double sided tape, automotive places usually stock it.

And yeah, i pick up the 10packs of plastic tie wrap bases with sticky bottoms all the time from home depot. Great invention. :cool:

-Chris
 
guzmanistan said:
I tend not to use the tape and use those plastic things with the adhesive in the back. When I used tape before, the heat made them leave residue when I wanted to remove them. The plastic thing had the adhesive in the back and a little hole to run zipties through. It ends out being pretty useful, and organized (if whats on the inside counts :) ).

qft
 
Back
Top