Tapatalk 4 for Android $0.99 8/15-8/22

How well does it actually integrate with forums? Do you like it?

Can it work with reddit?

How well does it actually integrate with forums? Do you like it?

Can it work with reddit?

It only works if a forum has the Tapatalk plug-in, in which case it works extremely well, in some ways it's almost more convenient and intuitive than browsing on your desktop - it brings inertia scrolling to a BB forum.

I don't think Reddit has a Tapatalk plugin.

I bought this a while back and didn't realize that the forum had to support it. None of the forums I read support it, so I don't use it anymore.

I looked at a few that did, and it was nice... but I wanted an all-in-one solution. I hate having an app for everything...

It'd be super cool if everyone using it didn't have all their posts ending with

<posted via taptalk>

is that something you can turn off? or does a free version come with that level of spamvertising?

<posted via taptalk>

is that something you can turn off? or does a free version come with that level of spamvertising?

Yeah, it's just a default you can turn off in the Settings menu.

I bought this a while back and didn't realize that the forum had to support it. None of the forums I read support it, so I don't use it anymore.

I looked at a few that did, and it was nice... but I wanted an all-in-one solution. I hate having an app for everything...

How do you identify if a forum supports it?

I'm imagining it can't hijack certain urls and open them directly in tapatalk? Specifically, I get "reply to thread" emails from numerous forums, and it'd be great to just hit the url in the email and have tapatalk open the thread to that post.

Youtube.com and some other links support this. I'd be so down if tapatalk could let you choose certain forums to do the same with.

Thanks, for .99 can't beat it :) XDA, Anabolic Minds, and various other forums I use have the Tapatalk plugin enabled so definitely is worth it for me.

Does [H]ardForum use Tapatalk?

Edit: nope it doesn't
Actually only 1 forum I am active in uses it. *pass*

Last edited:

Well, if you're here, then you may as well check out OCN. The site itself is fugly w/ light blue and white colors AND it's slower than molasses vs Hardforum...especially once you reply...it sits @ submitting content for about 10 seconds. :(

That said, the folks there are generally of the more pleasant breed and the information's just awesome. It's especially good for "owner's threads." Like boards, GPU's, etc. All the overclock info, bios flashing crap...just great stuff.

It's also extremely well populated and some of the threads move so fast there's 10 pages added in a day!

<posted via taptalk>
I actually like that a user posts their device, especially in forums like Android Central, Rootzwiki, and XDA. It's the equivalent of a sig rig here. Also, it tells me if they took the time to type it out on their phone! Which, I think is kinda cool if it's a long post. :D Who am I kidding, I just want everyone to know I took the time to post this from a phone!

I'm imagining it can't hijack certain urls and open them directly in tapatalk? Specifically, I get "reply to thread" emails from numerous forums, and it'd be great to just hit the url in the email and have tapatalk open the thread to that post.

Youtube.com and some other links support this. I'd be so down if tapatalk could let you choose certain forums to do the same with.
While, I'm not sure if it lets you choose, it definitely does this for Android Central and XDA. Sadly, it's not working for OCN. I haven't really messed w/ notifications from the app itself either cause that's not convenient if I'm on the PC getting the forum reply emails. I have to remember which ones I replied to and delete them. Getting the email, clicking the link, and having tapatalk TWO CLASSIC pop open IS fantastic. It's super fast and I get to delete the emails as they come. Tapatalk "FREE" or the previously paid version, not Pro, not HD is now Tapatalk 4 light? I think. And it's absolute GARBAGE. In addition to being excruciatingly slow, it...

1. Pulls you back menu after menu in reverse order when you hit back after going through a forum post to the end of the thread. The previous version, T2 Classic, would take you right back to your email, which you could then delete and be brought to the next email. It's perfect.

2. Jumping into a thread for the first time ALWAYS sends you flying ahead, sometimes pages ahead. Gotta go scroll to the top, hit the back button, and wait.

3. Moving to a forum reply thread no longer takes me to the last unread, but some random post instead. This completely ruins the whole point of the link intercept.

4. It's slow, dirt, dog ass slow.

But Taptatalk 2 Classic's not perfect either. For some reason, posting in a thread now subscribes you to a random (or maybe the next/previous) thread instead of the one you're posting in. This did NOT happen in Tapatalk 2 "PAID" from...early September?

So yeah, I really need to track that version down and install it, cause I'm getting tired of clicking all the unsubscribe links, then finding the post in the correct thread, clicking that, and subscribing. This is far too much crap to do on a phone of course, so now you're back to the desktop/tablet/laptop.

Does [H]ardForum use Tapatalk?

Edit: nope it doesn't
Actually only 1 forum I am active in uses it. *pass*
It should. Maybe it's just Firefox Android, but some of the posts are in micro sized font and are really, really hard to read. This happens in mobile view as well. Anyone?

So yeah, I've been using Tapatalk for awhile. It's buggy as hell and extremely frustrating, but still far and away the best way to browse a forum on the net. The dark mode w/ black background is fantastic for reading on AMOLED screens. In fact, it looks downright holographic on screens like the G2's IPS. Almost like the text is hovering above the background. This does not happen w/ a white background and FWIW, the G2 goes dim enough for even that to be comfortable in a pitch black room. But it's something to keep in mind. Something that 99% of you will blow off and think I'm crazy. Screw you all then. :p

Those of you that bought the super uber Tapatalk 14...what does it add that Tapatalk 4 "Free" doesn't have? Does it...work?

Necro'd a hot deals thread with no update on the deal... fail..

I'm out on Tapatalk. Bought the old "premium" version then it goes "out of date" and I can't use it til I update. So I had to buy the premium version again. Try to go on it today and it's "out of date" again and I have to update to another version before I can use it. Fuck em.

Not sure what's going on but https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Tapatalk+Inc.

There's only one version available now and it's free. Has the same annoying issue when loading a thread from an email notification-- requires backing all the way out of Tapatalk to get back to the email.

Check out the recent reviews. People are pissssssed.

The ID is "com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity"

Looks like the original "HD" version is the "tablet" one.

Yeah a lot were pissed and I didn't see why cause I was still using the older version that I paid for. Then all of a sudden I am got "THIS VERSION IS OUT OF DATE" and I couldn't use it or access any of my forums til I updated. Then I was pissed when I saw I'd have to buy it again. I went ahead and did it but today when it said the same message and I couldn't access my forums, that's when I was done. OCN was really the only one I used it for because it's slow as molasses.

If they want to bring out other versions, that's fine. But making the version I paid for to stop working and forcing me to have to pay again is horseshit like I've never seen it.

It's like you buy a Mustang but when Ford comes out with a new model, yours stops running.

Sounds lame.

If it was supported with updates I'd buy it for 99 cents.

pathetic
i used the beta for free and then they eliminated the option to use the beta any longer.
they used me as beta tester , and then they dumped me. i didn't ask for updates, just to stay with beta.
but you know what
i don't need you , since i got tapatalk for free from amazon app store

I'm not paying a penny
goodbye

Back