• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tamrac CyberPack 8

PS-RagE

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
4,298
HorsePunchKid had mentioned this pack a couple times so when I found myself looking for something deeper, I thought I'd give it a shot.

cyberpak8-1.jpg


Wow, you can really cram alot of gear in there!

cyberpak8-2.jpg


cyberpak8-3.jpg


Its really heavy though so I'll be re-evaluating the load for daily carry and then stuff it full for trips, etc.
 
Nice backpack and GEAR :) ! Looks damn near priceless! Bet that cost a pretty penny! I love it!!


I bought a backpack yesterday as well. I decided to just go for a Lowepro Micro Trekker backpack. It's fits pretty nice and snug. I wanted the Tamrac Velocity 7 Sling, but I just couldn't wait any longer and didn't feel like scouring around looking for it, maybe when I see one (or if another cool looking backpack comes along, I will buy it). Whatever, this backpack suits me fine.


Lowepro Micro Trekker 100 - 1.jpg

Lowepro Micro Trekker 100 - 2.jpg


As you can see, I don't have as much gear as you... hopefully I can get a few lenses, filters, and maybe a 2 or 4 gb Cf memory in there soon. :D

Lowepro Micro Trekker and Lowepro Photo Bag.jpg


It goes very well with my free Lowepro photobag (the new home for my Canon Pro 1 & accessories .
 
Looks like a huge roomy backpack, and do you really need to carry 9 lenses with you? :eek:

I like messenger/courier type bags, but haven't found one I like for carrying my camera in. In the meantime, I use the small Domke F5 to hold my camera and two lenses, 1.5 GB CF, D70 remote, and the Nikon field guide. Nowhere near as much as that cavernous bag of yours can carry.
 
BillLeeLee said:
Looks like a huge roomy backpack, and do you really need to carry 9 lenses with you? :eek:

Two of those are TCs (1.4x and 2x).

Normally, I would carry the 50mm F/1.8, 12-24 F/4, 24-120 F/3.5-5.6 and the 70-200 F/2.8 plus the 1.4 TC. Now that summer is upon us, I also want to add the 180mm F/3.5 and since I have room the 2x TC is back in.

To lighten the load, I have removed the D70 with 18-70 F/3.5-4.5, its charger, battery, etc, the 62mm polarizer and the 70-300 F/4-5.6. I only carry the mininote if I know I am going to be taking action pics. It doesn't take long to fill a 1G card at 5-8 fps

I like messenger/courier type bags, but haven't found one I like for carrying my camera in. In the meantime, I use the small Domke F5 to hold my camera and two lenses, 1.5 GB CF, D70 remote, and the Nikon field guide. Nowhere near as much as that cavernous bag of yours can carry.

Until now, I was carrying a Lowepro Pro Mag 2. Very capable and fits quite a bit of stuff for a smallish shoulder bag. Comfortable enough as long as you use the belt. But in "traffic" it is a little large and I found I was bumping it into people a lot.
 
:D hah thats like a camera store to go. How the 2x with the 70-200VR btw?
 
Good lord! You're cramming a heck of a lot more in there than we are. :eek:

It is indeed heavy once you get a lot of equipment packed up, but at least it's a comfortable bag if you're big enough to shoulder it properly. I haven't done any hiking or anything particularly strenuous while carrying it, but last 4th of July I had it with me for about six hours straight with no ill effects.
 
Yeah, well that was mosty to see just how much I could pack in there. Answer is a lot. ;)

You try carrying it with a notebook in there? I'm still a little nervous of that. Seems like an easy way to bust the notebook
 
just picked up the lowerpro mini trekker all weather

in love, it's perfect.
 
PS-RagE said:
You try carrying it with a notebook in there?
Not yet, but really only because the need has yet to arise. The two 1GB microdrives we have will last a long time if I stay in JPEG mode. Perhaps next time I travel, I'll take the camera, and then I'll probably want to lug my old Thinkpad A20p along. Only problem there is that there's no way I'd be able to take that CyberPack onto a plane. :(
 
Back
Top