Tamper evident stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdg

2[H]4U
This is kind of psuedo-security related but figured this will be the best place for this question. We need some kind of tamper evident stickers at work to put on laptops, over half of the RMA's we get on refurbished laptops are because the purchaser opened up the unit and swapped the LCD, motherboard, etc, and 99% of the time I can tell if they have opened the unit and swapped something, but I need some kind of defininitive proof that they tampered with it.

Looking around theres a lot of options, and am looking to you guys for a recommendation on where to buy. The cheapest I've found is around 9 cents a peice, but the cheaper the better. It also needs to be not too hard to clean off for customers, so nothing permanent or discoloring to plastic is necessary. Also, something unique or customizable would be good too, so the theiving bastards who think they're slick won't be able to easily find replacement stickers to make it look untouched.

I use clear tape and gently score it with a razor diagonally and cross-cross, like overlapping XX and initial over it so it's clear who put the tape there. It's cheap, but effective! :)

doh said:
I use clear tape and gently score it with a razor diagonally and cross-cross, like overlapping XX and initial over it so it's clear who put the tape there. It's cheap, but effective! :)

That would kinda "not look good" on a laptop don't you think??

QJ

doh said:

That's a smart idea, the only problem there is they could recreate it easily :(

Looks like the Uline maybe the stuff to use since we order a lot of packing supplies from them anyway and the price is right, the boss said Uline didn't carry it so I never botherd to look there.

Thanks for the help folks.

You need specially made products for this purpose, I found that you can find a number of companies who produce Tamper Proof Tape at ok prices. I would recommend it, you can see whether it is still in tact or not, useful.

I've bought labels from this company a few years ago to put on all of our assets. They were very nice and the labels were well priced. I remember when i was researching this company, i called them up and they sent me a shit load of samples. So you could do that to test out which ones you like.

http://eiminc.com/

edit: dammit, this is an old ass thread.

I heard that clear nail polish can accomplish this. Just mark a small area and if it has been cracked then the device likely has been tampered with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back