Talk to me about the ASUS Xonar DX

nodle

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently i am using my Supreme FX 2 that came with my motherboard. How much better would this card be? I know it's probably hard to explain to me. But what are you thoughts/opinions with this card? Is it awesome in games? Thanks for any input! :)

Well before I returned the D2X (close enough to your card), it gave me only stereo sound in Source games (although that's been fixed), it blue screened every time I loaded up Supreme Commander, and occasionally (though not too often) blue screened in UT3. This was with Vista x64 SP1 if that helps.

Currently i am using my Supreme FX 2 that came with my motherboard. How much better would this card be? I know it's probably hard to explain to me. But what are you thoughts/opinions with this card? Is it awesome in games? Thanks for any input! :)

I have the pricier cousin, the Xonar D2. It's awesome for movies and music. In games, it runs the gamet from very good to buggy as hell, especially if you're running Vista 64.

If you're a gamer, you're better off sticking with the X-FI line for the moment (with the exception of the X-FI ExtremeAudio).

Back