Talentcell 10000 mah battery with quickcharge 2.0 @ 'zon : $12.99

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

Anyone heard of this brand before? I have a few batteries but would really like the QC2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Negatory - Personally I wouldn't trust a random battery with all the problems that we've seen on the news.

Aukey has a 10K mAh QC 2.0 battery for 19.99 (edit: and it appears that they come with a 2 year warranty) - https://www.amazon.com/10400mAh-Portable-Qualcomm-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00UBDI7EC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480786665&sr=8-1&keywords=AUKEY+10400mAh+Portable+Charger+with+Qualcomm+Quick+Charge+2.0+&+Aluminum+Case+for+iPhone,+Samsung+and+More+(NOT+Compatible+with+Motorola+Cell+Phones)

Last edited:
Negatory - Personally I wouldn't trust a random battery with all the problems that we've seen on the news.

Interesting.... what problems have we seen on the news? Aside from the infamous Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, and that's definitely not a 'random' brand or battery...

Aukey isn't exactly a reliable trustworthy brand either, they've just flooded the marketplace so they're starting to get some brand recognition in the power bank and phone charger market.

I'd have no qualms about biting on this for the price. It's a good deal for a power bank let alone one that features QC (even though it's just 2.0). And I'll tell you something else, QC capable power banks are a fucking godsend, as is the technology itself. QC 4.x was just announced and it's going to be even more impressive.

Low quality batteries are exploding everywhere. Several new iPhones (not as bad as the Note 7 thankfully), aftermarket replacement phone batteries, Note 7 batteries, vaping batteries, and on and on.

I've owned several Aukey charges and they have all been quality items. That and they offer a 2 year warranty on their items.

To each their own, and good luck to you!

Edit: I looked through my orders and found Anker as well, which is what I've had for phone battery replacements as well as power bricks - Anker is what I was actually thinking of, and is a higher quality than Aukey overall. Still, a 2 year warranty for all Aukey products is almost unheard of for stuff you would normally expect to go bad quickly.

Last edited:
Low quality batteries are exploding everywhere. Several new iPhones (not as bad as the Note 7 thankfully), aftermarket replacement phone batteries, Note 7 batteries, vaping batteries, and on and on.

I've owned several Aukey charges and they have all been quality items. That and they offer a 2 year warranty on their items.

To each their own, and good luck to you!

Edit: I looked through my orders and found Anker as well, which is what I've had for phone battery replacements as well as power bricks - Anker is what I was actually thinking of, and is a higher quality than Aukey overall. Still, a 2 year warranty for all Aukey products is almost unheard of for stuff you would normally expect to go bad quickly.

I had a multi-port Aukey charger (no battery) die via affter a month. I contacted Aukey & they sent me another one free of charge, and told me to recycle the dead one. Didn't even have to send it back. I've also had nothing of Anker's die.

Aukey has a 10K mAh QC 2.0 battery for 19.99 (edit: and it appears that they come with a 2 year warranty) - https://www.amazon.com/10400mAh-Portable-Qualcomm-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00UBDI7EC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480786665&sr=8-1&keywords=AUKEY+10400mAh+Portable+Charger+with+Qualcomm+Quick+Charge+2.0+&+Aluminum+Case+for+iPhone,+Samsung+and+More+(NOT+Compatible+with+Motorola+Cell+Phones)
This looks interesting...but wondering why this isn't compatible with Motorolas ???

This looks interesting...but wondering why this isn't compatible with Motorolas ???

Whatever Motorola uses for the power board on their phones will die and cause the phone to charge very, very slowly. From the reviews anyways, and not all Motorola phones seem affected.

Aukey's implementation of Quick Charge sometimes has issues with Motorola/Lenovo handsets (in particular the Moto X Pure for some reason). I've never once heard of them causing a 'power board' (there is no such thing) to 'die', but at worst Quick Charge (What Motorola calls 'TurboCharging') won't work and you'll have to use the standard charging port on the power bank instead. It's been identified as a software issue of some sort, since phones running CyanogenMod don't seem to be affected. It's also sporadic. For instance, my own Moto X Pure will charge from my Aukey 16000 QC2.0 Power Bank in TurboCharge mode probably 8 out of 10 times, but on occasion it can be very finicky. A lot of us are hoping when the Nougat update hits our phones it will squash this particularly annoying bug.

There also seems to be some debate over whether the cable you use has some effect on compatibility with Moto phones. From my personal experience it definitely DOES. I could not get TurboCharging (again, this is what Moto calls it's Quick Charge 2.0 implementation) to work using the cable supplied with the Aukey. It would always stop charging after 5 - 10 seconds. It wasn't until I switched to another cable (A Samsung cable I bought dozens of awhile back) that TurboCharging worked somewhat reliably.

I think that Aukey and/or their Amazon resellers got so many complaints about using their power banks with Moto phones that they've just given up and thrown up a disclaimer into a lot of their product descriptions. :D

What I find absolutely hilarious is that they have text about it NOT being compatible with Moto phones, and then right in the description they make a point of saying it's universally compatible. :D

Universal Compatibility
Keep your devices charged on the go with dual USB charging ports. Equipped with LED battery indicator. Designed to work with all popular USB powered devices from iPhone to Android phones, tablets, photography gear, Bluetooth speakers, headphones and more. Whatever USB powered gear you've got, we've got you covered.

Last edited:
Back