Takng Tubes off

Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
887
I have a Maze 4 with nylon barbs. The Clearflex seems tobe relly gripping the barbs. It's lke supertight. What's the best way to take them off I'm to the point where I just feel like cutting them off.
 
honestly, save yourself the troble, get a knife and carefully slice it off...

i have a set of DD RBX's with the chrome fittings and they'll pull off nicely...but that plastic Y......don't even think about it....lol
 
If you put a little petrolium jelly on the barb before you put the tube on next time, you can save yourself the hassle. The petrolium jelly will help seal up the fitting and also help it sliding off when you want it to. Works every time.
 
Try using hot/boiling water to loosen up your tubes. The heat causes the tubing to expand and stretch, so it may help. It helped me get some sticky tubes off a while ago...

Good luck!
 
Back
Top