• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Taking apart Dell 2407WFP Help!

heads_up

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
71
Ok,

So this guy I know broke his 2407WFP on his desk when setting it back up, it has a small crack in the top of the screen but for some reason has screwed the whole screen. He gave it to me and I want to take it apart to see if there is anything I can do to try and fix it (and keep it lol).

Basically I need to know how to take the thing apart, I have looked for ways the past 2 hours or so but can't find anyway into the sucker.

Also will Dell fix/replace it if I ring them and told them what happened? Or would they be all like "You broke it, screw you!"

Thanks :D

p.s Is it dangerous to take apart a LCD?
 
Also will Dell fix/replace it if I ring them and told them what happened? Or would they be all like "You broke it, screw you!"

No, I think their reaction would be to first guffaw, followed by a few whoops, then some breathless coughing followed by "Thats the funniest thing I've heard all year!" followed by some murmuring and an outburst of background laughter. :D
 
Lame, its completely screwed tho, some pixels have lined down the screen, they still work but its just not getting signal

Oh well, atleast I stole the stand off of it for my E228WFP, makes it look like a 2208WFP (if one existed)
 
Heres some pictures.

2407WFP.JPG


Crack%20Close1.JPG


Crack%20Close%202.JPG


Any ideas? I don't mind pulling it apart if I can fix it!

P.S heres my E228WFP (2208WFP :p) on the 2407WFP stand, kicks ass

E228WFP%20+%202407WFP%20Stand.JPG
 
You can't fix that. It's physically damaged. Opening it up would do no good.
 
I can't be fixed unless you have another 2407 with a bad PCB but a good screen. sorry. It'll make a great conversation piece though. (Did your friend not get the Complete Care option from Dell?)
 
I can't be fixed unless you have another 2407 with a bad PCB but a good screen. sorry. It'll make a great conversation piece though. (Did your friend not get the Complete Care option from Dell?)

Na I don't think so cos he brought it second hand from a guy who left the country.

Its pretty old to, A02 revision...

I'm going to look around for a dead 2407WFP that has a good screen.
 
Back
Top