• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Taking a computer on a plane

RaiseR RoofeR

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
164
Is it safe to take the computer in my signature below into checked baggage without the probability of damage to it? Note the H50 liquid cooling as well... I believe the temperatures will drop to as low as -30C.

Also, I plan on stuffing the innards with bubble wrap. I'm putting the original computer in the box the tower arrived in.

I'm a bit nervous about this -- help!
 
I don't recommend it. Granted, I did this years ago, but TSA forcibly opened up my case and damaged some of my parts -- even though I showed them the insides of my computer before I boarded the plane.

Plus, bubble wrap can generate static electricity, and you know all about the "perks" of static electricity.
 
I recently brought my PC from Rochester, USA to NYC, USA to Dublin, Ireland to Lisbon, Portugal & finally from Lisbon, Portugal to Heathrow, England.

I simply placed it in a suitcase and surrounded it with a bunch of clothes... I'm using it right now :p

Below is a link to the short thread about it:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1527276

Good luck!
 
Back
Top