Takes hours to load windows./cant install to sata

I painted my case blue, so i put my stuff (Athlon64 3200+ Chaintech Zenith mobo, asus radeon 9800xt gig 3700 buffalo, 2 120gig SATA HD's 80gb WD IDE HD) in my buddies case. Worked fine. Got my case back, put the stuff in, and have had problems ever since. Finaly got windows to install, not on my sata drives, but my 80 gig, but it takes over 15 minutes to reboot. I have no idea what the problem is. Also, whenever i try to install windows on the sata drives, xp doesnt recognize the SATA drives even though its recognized in the RAID setup. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like when you changed out the stuff you weren't watching out for ESD and you fried your motherboard SATA controller and maybe a few other things. (at first glance anyhow)

~Adam

Did you have windows load the SATA driver while you were setting up windows? I made another post here on how to do this, if you don't know how.

As far as the 15 minutes boot, do you have onboard sound as well as a PCI sound card? If you do, you might need to disable one or the other in the contol panel. I had the same problem and was solved by doing this.

ive fully installed windows on my 80gig hd, and when i reboot after installing drivewrs, thats when it takes forever. i also installed the sata drivers like you said, and it never showed any problems with that part of installation. its after that, windows says there is nothing to install too.

Have you tried a complete taking out of everything and running it on a cardboard box? It has wierd ways of making things work.

And also try just using each SATA drive not in a raid at all, but go to the raid setup and have them each a seperate drive and see if that gets you anywhere, and possibly ignore the 80gig.

Originally posted by AlucardCasull
ive fully installed windows on my 80gig hd, and when i reboot after installing drivewrs, thats when it takes forever. i also installed the sata drivers like you said, and it never showed any problems with that part of installation. its after that, windows says there is nothing to install too.

That happened to me on my NF7-S, where it was recognized by the bios but not by windows. I was kinda frustrated, so I ended up selecting/installing all the SATA drivers on the disk, and one of them did the trick.

Oh yes, when putting in the driver push "s" to find the path yourself, and just throw a shitload of drivers on there, and hope for the best.

Back