• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Take a look at this PSU...

S

splinter3k

Guest
is this Fortron as nice as I think it is? I just built my new box and was foolish enough to buy an Ultra X-Connect but between the noise and the overly stiff cables it has to go, and I am a big Fortron fan. What do you guys think?
 
That is almost exactly the same as my TTGI Super Flower 450-SS, which is understandable since they came from the same factory. Mine has a 140mm fan and is painted differently, but I can tell you now you wouldnt be dissapointed with that little beaut.
 
so_cal_forever said:
That is almost exactly the same as my TTGI Super Flower 450-SS, which is understandable since they came from the same factory. Mine has a 140mm fan and is painted differently, but I can tell you now you wouldnt be dissapointed with that little beaut.

Yep, I agree, I think that one is getting ordered tonight. Now I just have to change out the noisey front intake fans on this Praetorian and my new rig will be all set :D
 
Hmmm now that I see that one, I kind of wish I'd gotten that instead of the Antec NeoPower 480W... Pre-sleeved cabling... cheaper... oh well.
 
ATX12V v2.0 healthy +12V1 & +12V2 rails
dont know of any reviews, but based on past experience
it should be a workhorse with reliable compliance to the spec
(regulation & ripple) Id say it would be a fine choice
unless your doing something unusual that would require a supply with better than spec performance
 
I ended up going with this Enermax instead, but when I upgrade my second PC I think I will check out the Fortron. Thanks for everyone's comments, this is the only place I trust for PSU info. The dual fan design, speed control and no annoying blue light on the Enermax pushed it to the front runner for my main machine (in sig).
 
I have to say the EG495P is pretty impressive, and definitely runs cooler than that piece of crap Ultra I had for a week. That thing was seriously running hot.

Should I see both 12v rails in BIOS or do they still show up as one?
 
splinter3k said:
Should I see both 12v rails in BIOS or do they still show up as one?

you know thats a damn good question
Id assume you would only see +12V1 as its the one conected to the mobos VRM
and that is where the SMBus gets its info

VRM = Voltage Regulation Modual
SMBus = System Management Bus
 
Ice Czar said:
you know thats a damn good question
Id assume you would only see +12V1 as its the one conected to the mobos VRM
and that is where the SMBus gets its info

VRM = Voltage Regulation Modual
SMBus = System Management Bus

That's pretty much what I figured (as far as only seeing one) but I wanted to ask here, and big thumbs up on the Enermax, your suggested list is da' bomb!
 
Back
Top