• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Taiwan i5 released?

x y u

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2000
Messages
294
I'm from the states but I live in Taiwan. I have an ancient AMD 3500+ / 7300 nividia and so it's time to upgrade.

I've come across lots of i5s for sale online here and I'm wondering if this could be legit? I haven't seen them in retail stores (i haven't checked yet to be honost) But a lot of online vendors say they have them for sale. I saw on an auction and was thinking about picking it up.
Yahoo Auction

I can't read chinese so maybe it says it's a pre-release? There are about 6 auctions w/ the i5 up for sale.
 
Shows he has it for sale

In IE8, right click the page and select "translate with live search" and it will open in a new window and tranlate over 90% of the page

Core 2 quad 2.66ghz/8mb l3 1156 socket
 
I was under the impression these have not been released yet? Maybe that's States side only? Or maybe i'm behind on the times lol, it's been a while...
 
I believe they are scheduled to be released in Q3 in the states, and Asia/China usually get them before we do...
 
Back
Top