I've been doing some work lately (for work) that involved frequency analysis and trade-offs of different codecs on audio quality of different genres of music and different types of audio.
One of the side-effects is that my data has convinced me that AAC is _definitely_ the way to go for the type of music that I listen to. I've believed this for a while, but now I have numbers to back it up.
One thing that concerns me about AAC is the tagging format. I am very well versed in ID3 and how it works. Further, I have some handy-dandy tools that let me customize my ID3 tags just how I want them.
I've been using ID3-TagIt to manage MP3 ID3 tags in the past. Are there any similar apps for AAC tags?
What format does AAC even use? Looking at the spec sheet for the AAC format, it looks like it doesn't actually specify a tagging format. It looks like it's just got space in the container for an arbitrary tagging format.
One of the side-effects is that my data has convinced me that AAC is _definitely_ the way to go for the type of music that I listen to. I've believed this for a while, but now I have numbers to back it up.
One thing that concerns me about AAC is the tagging format. I am very well versed in ID3 and how it works. Further, I have some handy-dandy tools that let me customize my ID3 tags just how I want them.
I've been using ID3-TagIt to manage MP3 ID3 tags in the past. Are there any similar apps for AAC tags?
What format does AAC even use? Looking at the spec sheet for the AAC format, it looks like it doesn't actually specify a tagging format. It looks like it's just got space in the container for an arbitrary tagging format.