TAG Heuer’s New Meridiist Phone

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Gizmodo has a video about TAG Heuer’s new phone, the Meridiist. Talk about pretentious… they even draw attention to the fact that the name has two I’s in it. It looks like one of those old candybar phones from the late 90’s. WTF?

The phone's selling points: made from the finest rubber (?) and alligator skin, creating a "sensual experience," and to top it off, it is "in some way the first pocket watch of the 21st century!"

You mean there's something out there that's more snobbish than an Apple product? Wow.

dude that looks like crap. I hate leather on a phone, I dont really like leather on much anything other than my lazyboy. And its overly expensive..... Great formula for a phone.

these types of phone are for those people who buy stretch lambos

such people of course deserve to be beaten, and their riches given to me.

For a product that is supposed to be "different"..............isn't it interesting how every guy in the video has the same color suit, same hair style, same dark square-ish glasses???

Yes,yes we appeal to a specific customer.......grown up emos.:eek::eek:

If you can afford a $6,000 watch, you can afford this. It's obviously not for your average consumer.

I want one. :p

... it is also a sensual experience ... :rolleyes:
Waste of money for a phone that has already been done... 15 years ago.

You guys know the drill: It doesn't just do to have money, you gotta FLAUNT the fact that you have money.

I'm pretty sure if any of us had bags of cash we'd flaunt it as well, though in an entirely different way like massive high end rigs and $10k desks.

I bet it wont play Crysis, and for that much money, I better be able to play it on my phone. :mad:

You guys know the drill: It doesn't just do to have money, you gotta FLAUNT the fact that you have money.

I'm pretty sure if any of us had bags of cash we'd flaunt it as well, though in an entirely different way like massive high end rigs and $10k desks.

my desk would hover

They shoulda just contracted to make a sapphire screened diamond crusted gold iphone or something.

Talk about a brick...."the first pocket watch of the 21st century"....maybe if you're a rapper/wannabe and buy your pants 5x too large. I'm not saying this out of jealously because I can't afford one...even if I were loaded and could afford a different color for every day of the week i would choose something else..

Seeing as I'm still using the same Swiss Army watch I received as a gift from my team 7 years ago, I'm probably not TAG's target audience. And my phone? A 2 year old freebie Nokia.

Nice...uh...alligator skin on that thing though. =/

Tags aren't even good watches, and now they're selling this pretentious crap? God.

Asshole french people. Sorry to flame, but I hate when people brag like this. That company isn't really about making money, it's about showing how much money they already have.

Asshole french people. Sorry to flame, but I hate when people brag like this. That company isn't really about making money, it's about showing how much money they already have.

Exactly. You ever see a guy at a LAN with a kickass rig with an etched window and actual well-done internal lighting, and other asthetic mods? This is about the same thing.

I bet there are just as many who would look at that PC and go "Whats the big fucking deal?" as those who go "Holy shit, thats awesome!".

This is nothing more than an industrial designer jacking off and this is what he comes up with. I was actually looking for a pop-out taser head, but alas that wasn't a feature.

Back