Armenius

Extremely [H]
Remake of the original 1995 game features new HD art and revamps to the game mechanics. It is based on the 2010 PSP release, Let Us Cling Together. Coming out for PS4/PS5, Switch, and PC via Steam on November 11.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. This game had so many cool things, like snapshot which literally turned your character into a sword that would be equipped by another character. Also several distinct story paths.

$50 bucks?...

Suck my Ogre dick!

Great game, but I already bought the original twice. Hopefully there will be another FFT remaster.

Loved the game on the PSP. I'm really happy to see more SRPG love from companies, for a while the only games we were reliably seeing were the Disgaea titles from NIS.

Looks like the pre-order price is down to $38.99 on GMG if you're a XP member. Much better price than the $50 SE wants otherwise.

If you've never played the game before and are into SRPGs, I think $50 is a valid price as long as the QoL improvements are noticeable.

If you've played it before or are more lukewarm on the genre I can see why $50 would be steep.

As much as I love the game, I don't have the time to play it as obsessively as I used to. Plus my eternally growing backlog of games I've yet to play means I can wait for a sale.

Twisted Voxel translated a Famitsu interview with the creator of Tactics Ogre on the changes to this version of the game. He explains that there were cuts to things like skills and spells because the original simply had too many of them. He also says the PC version will have full keyboard & mouse support, along with UI to take advantage of those controls.

https://twistedvoxel.com/tactics-ogre-mouse-keyboard-friendly-ui-qol-features/

I think it's the skills more so than the spells. I don't remember specifics but a quick glance at some FAQs shows 44 classes, lots of which have unique skills and then there's like 50+ spells.

I think it's the skills more so than the spells. I don't remember specifics but a quick glance at some FAQs shows 44 classes, lots of which have unique skills and then there's like 50+ spells.
Most of those classes are linear progression from another though, and that's normal for an Ogre Battle. And are we really calling 50+ of spells/skills "a lot"? From the guys who also make Final Fantasy?

Most of those classes are linear progression from another though, and that's normal for an Ogre Battle. And are we really calling 50+ of spells/skills "a lot"? From the guys who also make Final Fantasy?
Yasumi Matsuno only ever had his hands in FF: Tactics from a design perspective. He was only a writer on FF12 and FF14.

Looks like each class has an average of 3 to 5 unique skills going off a random gameFAQs page I'm looking at. So I'm saying that 17 common skills, 16 stat-based skills, 50-ish magic spells, and somewhere between 132-220 unique skills is a lot. Though I admit I didnt look at every single class so there may be cross over. Plus that depends entirely on what the lead was referring to to begin with.

I'll nab the title when it hits the $30 mark. Have a hard time justifying full price for "remasters/remakes."

I too shall be waiting for a sale if only for my backlog and the length of the game. Did buy it for my brother at full price for his birthday as this was our first ever "tactics" game back in the day. So far he says it's solid.

Tactics Ogre assigns a party name based on the birthdate you enter. If you enter May 2-25, it defaults to Flamescale. However, Flamescale is apparently a banned word. Name input censorship in a single player game?

https://www.eurogamer.net/tactics-ogre-reborns-swear-filter-blocks-one-of-the-games-default-names
What? It's an offline single-player game, why is a swear filter even necessary? I have never heard of something like this before. I doubt that this is something being imposed by ESRB unless it's a recent policy change that I don't know about. It makes me wonder what other privacy issues this game might have that we haven't heard about yet. Is there a plan to do something online with people's game data? Given that it bans default names given by the game, it seems to me that the swear filter was probably something added in at the very end probably after beta testing...

Last edited:
What? It's an offline single-player game, why is a swear filter even necessary? I have never heard of something like this before. I doubt that this is something being imposed by ESRB unless it's a recent policy change that I don't know about. It makes me wonder what other privacy issues this game might have that we haven't heard about yet. Is there a plan to do something online with people's game data? Given that it bans default names given by the game, it seems to me that the swear filter was probably something added in at the very end probably after beta testing...
I may be too old to be commenting, but back in the SNES days I remember that it wasn't possible to put in swear words as your name in Uniracers. I think in general it wasn't possible. Although I don't really remember if I tried in Link to the Past or not.

On topic: I'll wait for the iOS version to drop. And also wait for it to be reasonably priced...

Last edited:
Reactions: gvx64
like this

Think of the far reaching consequences if someone named their team Thot Patrol or some shit and nobody was around to see it because it's a single player game

Excuse me while I gather my pearls to clutch

I may be too old to be commenting, but back in the SNES days I remember that it wasn't possible to put in swear words as your name in Uniracers. I think in general it wasn't possible. Although I don't really remember if I tried in Link to the Past or not.

On topic: I'll wait for the iOS version to drop. And also wait for it to be reasonably priced...
OK, I guess Nintendo was at the peak of their censorship game back in the SNES days and so it isn't too farfetched that they might try doing that in some of their games. I have just honestly never heard of it before now. I mean, it's not that I have gone out of my way to test it out over my years as a gamer: I pretty much always name my characters by their given name in the game or (if none exist) I use "gvx". That said, I have definitely had friends that did that sort of thing growing up I have just never heard of any kind of filter like that being used for offline gaming (I am trying to remember all of the profane/sexually suggestive Pokemon nicknames that I remember seeing back in the day). Honestly, GB and N64 carts that I grew up on were so data constrained that I doubt it was feasible to have any kind of extensive banned words dictionary. I am guessing that the SNES examples you mentioned probably just covered off the most common four letter words?

Back