Tactical FPS for X360.

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
My brother and I have been playing R6: Vegas 2 on Live! and have been having a blast. I started playing it when it was first released and only recently got my brother to play it with me. Well we are having a blast and was wondering if there were any other tactical shooters with co-op that we could play?

Side note, any rumors of another Vegas game in the series?

Oh one more thing, don't come in here and try telling me we should look for a PC solution for tactical shooters. If that's what we wanted, I would have made a thread in the PC Gaming forum.:)

Ghost Recon is what you're looking for, and that's pretty much the end of the list, plenty of standard FPS games though.

How good is the co-op on GRAW and GRAW2?

Pretty shit actually. It's nothing like the single-player mode, and when I tried it with GRAW2, it was extremely laggy to the point of being pretty much unplayable. You also can't play the main campaign in co-op; there are only a few co-op-specific missions available.

With that said, GRAW2's single-player gameplay is pretty awesome. I really enjoyed the campaign. The console version is third-person though (for single-player; co-op is first-person for some reason).

Pretty shit actually. It's nothing like the single-player mode, and when I tried it with GRAW2, it was extremely laggy to the point of being pretty much unplayable. You also can't play the main campaign in co-op; there are only a few co-op-specific missions available.

With that said, GRAW2's single-player gameplay is pretty awesome. I really enjoyed the campaign. The console version is third-person though (for single-player; co-op is first-person for some reason).

Well that's shit. Guess we will just continue to play what we have until something new comes out in the genre.:(

On the other hand, I do have CoD:WaW and L4D coming in from Gamefly, so maybe we can have some fun with those.:)

Co-op is third person. The difference between single-player and co-op is that you don't have the ability to take cover. There's also no taking cover in the regular multiplayer either.

When the game first came out, there were problems with lag, but I believe they patched that. When I played lag was only an issue when somebody with a bad connection tried to host a 16 player game.

When the game first came out, there were problems with lag, but I believe they patched that. When I played lag was only an issue when somebody with a bad connection tried to host a 16 player game.

I'm talking about FPS lag, not netlag. I was also playing split-screen co-op though, so it may be different on XBL.

The co-op in GRAW is trash.

L4D co-op is topquality co-op. It may get boring if you are just planning to play with your friends though, part of the challenge is pulling together with strangers and pulling extra weight for newbie teammates. The 4 campaigns on expert only took about 10 hours for me, though I've played another 15 on them anyway since I like the variety of teammates.

GRAW 1 and 2, the single player and multiplayer portions were made by different developers. Thats why the multiplayer is pretty much nothing like the singleplayer, and the multi is terrible.

Give Army of Two a try. Technically, it's not a tactical shooter. However, alot of the same game mechanics are there.

It's hard to find anything that competes with RSV2 (for the 360 at least).

How good is the co-op on GRAW and GRAW2?

Coop in graw in the mission modes is damn fun. I did it for a while with a group of 3-4 rl friends, and we had a great time, each person taking different roles/weapons, etc.

Well that's shit. Guess we will just continue to play what we have until something new comes out in the genre.:(

On the other hand, I do have CoD:WaW and L4D coming in from Gamefly, so maybe we can have some fun with those.:)

I'd totally disagree with these guys. Multiplayer is shit in graw, but mp mission coop is incredibly good, and the games are like 10 bucks now to boot.

i would say COD4 but im sure youve already heard that. great game. wondering if there will be a COD5 from infinity ward?

CoD: MW2 has been announced.

@merlin704, tried Gears of War? Halo 3 co-op is also pretty fun, as is Crackdown.

thats great im glad to hear it. ill deffinately be getting that. personally i hate gears just because i feel the gameplay is bogged down compared to cod4 and counterstrike source imo..and 1 headshot just doesnt do the job in gears...that pisses me off

CoD: MW2 has been announced.

@merlin704, tried Gears of War? Halo 3 co-op is also pretty fun, as is Crackdown.

I let him borrow GoW last week and he didn't care for it much. Which is a shame as I quite enjoy the game.:)

As for Halo 3, I didn't think to mention it to him but I will tonight during our R6V2 game.

Back