Tablets

BobTheBuilderr0x

[H]ard|Gawd
Since I'll be gone for xmas due to military reasons I'm looking to buy my wife a tablet. She does not want an ipad. She liked those tablets with the keyboards but they are pretty damn expensive.

So was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions and it will mostly be used on wifi, not looking to buy ones with having to pay for the hotspot/4g type deals.

What's your budget? Have you looked at the Asus T100? A Windows hybrid that generally runs under $400. It's got very solid user reviews and is generally well regarded.

There's a modern Netflix client that works great with touch or a mouse and keyboard, use it all the time. There is a also a modern Kindle client but it only supports books, not magazines unfortunately.

Wait for the new iPad that will be announced soon.

Since I'll be gone for xmas due to military reasons I'm looking to buy my wife a tablet. She does not want an ipad. She liked those tablets with the keyboards but they are pretty damn expensive.

So was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions and it will mostly be used on wifi, not looking to buy ones with having to pay for the hotspot/4g type deals.

Wait for the new iPad that will be announced soon.
-----
What's your budget? Have you looked at the Asus T100? A Windows hybrid that generally runs under $400. It's got very solid user reviews and is generally well regarded.

I agree. Get a T100.

Is this something she could use to watch netflix on just the tablet part itself?

edit: what about the amazon fire hds?

The Fire HDs have Bluetooth keyboards but they work nowhere near as well as the T100's addon. And yes the tablet deattaches from the keyboard.

Ya I looked that T100 but it says it's an old version. And if I'm dropping 400$ I rather a newer product.

A good one to check out is the Winbook TW100. It is microcenter's brand of tablet that is meant to compete against the Asus T100. It is in store only but people are selling them on amazon and ebay.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

What are the requirements other than 'not an ipad'? What will she use it for? What apps does she need?

Back