Tablet PC?

The Saint

Gawd
Guys.........

what's the best Tablet PC out there in terms of Performance\Price? :)

I'm looking to spend around 1600-1800$.

Thanks!!

The Saint

I really like the HP TC1100...the one with the LV 1.0 GHz Pentium, not the celeron or transmeta crap....very nice

i agree :) I Love my TC1100!

check out www.tabletpcbuzz.com They have alot of great info there on tabletpcs, and a huge forum base with alot of people with personal TPC experince.

I just picked up the Gateway M275xl. This thing is pretty tight. I payed 2300 for mine but got pretty much everything that i could get with it. I think that the base price is around 1800 but it comes nicely equipped. Just about 1" and about 5lbs. but the 14" display is NICE! Lots of real estate as opposed to a standard tablet; plus it is one of the only tablets out there that comes with an optical drive. A MAJOR selling point for me.... I had to get the DVDRW in mine. decent battery life ~4hrs. under average load (always doing something). You also have the option of the convertible to switch into a laptop, for when writing just isnt fast enough, or when typing is just more convenient. Check it out!

specs:
Pentium M 1.8Ghz
1GB DDR PC2700
60GB 5400rpm
2xDVDRW w/ 24xCDRW
80211g

i have the toshiba m200. its the only convertible tablet thats also extremely portable at only 4 lbs. no optical drive, but it has a geforce 5200go.

im also a college student and use it as my desktop replacement in conjunction with the port replicator. ive played world of warcraft, warcraft3, cs, and ut2k4 on it as well.

pics here: www.blinkk.com/tabletpc

Back