Tablet netbook

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
I see CTL corp has the tablet version of the intel classmate pc available for order.
It looks pretty sweet. I could do without the handle but according to laptomag.com review it is completely detachable.
Tax session is right around the corner this might just be what I am looking for in a netbook.
Has any one here had a chance to see one of theses in person yet?

Asus announced a Tablet Eee at CES a week or so ago. No mention of pricing but, if they can do it right and not fuck everyone over on the actual product this time around it could be a winner.

When the original Eee was announced, they "promised" it would come to market at $199 USD, with 1GB of RAM and a 4GB SSD. So much for that... came to market at $349 with 512MB and 4GB of SSD... big difference.

With some further digging it looks like asus tablet will be called the T91. Gizmodo linkIt has a built in gps and tv tuner looks pretty sweet

No, they promised a model that cost $200 and one with 1gh/4gb. The never sold in the US model with 512mb/2gb did cost $200 wholesale.

*blink* The T91 is using the 1.33ghz atom instead of a 1.6ghz model. I was beginning to think the slower models never existed outside of intel R&D.

The sonly p also has a 1.3 atom at least the "lower end" models do.

I've seen acer aspire one's with the 1.6ghz dual core atom, upgraded to 1.5gb of RAM, 500GB HDD, 6 cell Li-Ion (give about 6 hours battery life) with a solderless touch screen mounted to the back of the lid (top) and then sealed shut. Perhaps a mod is in order?

Back