Tabbed telnet program for Cisco?

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Is there such thing as a program like putty but uses tabs for different sessions? It would be a good solution to a console server?

Thanks guys i will check these out. Not sure about the all rage over console servers if you have a program like this. I suppose it can be a pain if you clear the config.

The point of a console server is to connect to the console. Saves you from moving your console cable all around, and prevents you from being locked out when you change/erase the config.

The point of a console server is to connect to the console. Saves you from moving your console cable all around, and prevents you from being locked out when you change/erase the config.

But how often do you erase the config? just keep a blank config on a tftp server when you want to reset it etc.

But how often do you erase the config? just keep a blank config on a tftp server when you want to reset it etc.
Complicated topologies require "out-of-band" access of some sort when you are configuring and troubleshooting for labs, unless you want to sit in the closet and move a console cable around. That's why terminal servers are used. You can't TFTP a config to a device that's not reachable via IP for whatever reason.

I use Putty Connection Manager and something else that was limited to 1 connection for the trial, but looked promising...

I'll have to give Remotedesktopmanager a try...

I may be wrong for what you want but, teraterm allows for multiple connections using the collector. It basically allows tabs for sessions into the CLI. I use it at work and it is necessary for me to log into multiple switches at a time.

Each new connection is added at the bottom so only one window is visible.

Back