T1 Providers

NotSoSimple

[H]F Junkie
My company is currently looking at other ISPs for our T1. Anyone here use a major corporate carrier that they would reccomend? Thanks.

One thing to remember is that whoever you get for your ISP, the copper will always be owned by the local telco.

EG: all my T1's (12 of them) are through MTI (MountainTell) but the copper is Qwests.. So if something goes wrong, I call MTI and they open their own trouble ticket, then they call Qwest and open a trouble ticket with them.. But this actually works in my favor, because when I used to use Qwest directly, my tickets were low priority and sometimes took forever to get service, but MTI has enough leverage to turn up the heat on Qwest and get things moving if they have to. (I had 3 senior techs working on my ticket within 2 hours once for a major problem, but usually my issues are not that urgent, so I get reasonable same day service)

==>Lazn

Good to know.

So far ATT is the best, and the POP/CO is located >1 Mile from our location. And they are Tier 1, and since we are going the route of VoIP soon, that will help.

AMEN to that. We use Qwest and never have and problems with THEM. its always our local TELCO. Man do they suck ass. Whenever we are down, %95 percent of the problem it has something to do with the local telco.

We have actaually had them take our T down to show a new tech how to install a "T-Bird".

My local Telco/POP is actuall ythe building right beside ours. Sometimes I feel like marching over there and fixing the problem myself and kicking some ass in the process.

my local telco is Frontier Communications. If anyone has the privlege of being in their territorry you know what I am talking about.

Back