• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

T-Mobile Free Line

trikat

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
408
T-mobile is sending text messages regarding a free line with $10 connection charge - call 833-579-2247.
Others see a notification on their T-Life App (Might be on the Home screen) - We're giving you a FREE line. Call 833-579-2248.
I called the number and she said my account does not qualify. Transferred to customer care and they said I qualify and added the free line.
This is my 2nd free line, I've seen others with 8 free lines. o_O
Seems to be rolling out gradually.
Good luck!
 
I have 6 free lines on my account (it's been a few years since I added). I suppose the main catch is once you hit a total of 8 lines, you won't get the auto-pay discount for additional lines (don't think that will apply to the free lines, but if you add a watch/tablet line, it'll soak you an extra 5/month).
 
Do you have to already have T-Mobile or can you have another carrier?
 
If I knew iPhones had two IMEI's I would've jumped on the previous free line deals.

Do you have to already have T-Mobile or can you have another carrier?
Promotion went out to existing customers. Unfortunately this isn't a new customer / port in deal.
 
Giving free lines to non-Tmobile customers would be nonsensical. They're offering this because "free extra line" is a clever way to add perceived value before having to compete more aggressively on base pricing. Their metrics also tell them more lines on an account means less likelihood of jumping to a cheaper carrier as competing prices fall, it's more hassle to switch a whole family at the same time.

People need to look at total cost. I rather pay $18 for 2 lines on USMobile for example than $80-120 for 2 lines on TMobile that lets me add 100 "free" lines. But I'm sure there are use cases where Tmo has advantages.

(my monthly mobile charges for 2 lines - $10 first line + $8 for second)
View attachment 717790
And how good is it? I'm ready to jump ship from TMo.
 
I have Mint and Textnow.
I have Mint as well and will be due in Oct to renew. Can save a decent amount if I switch the 4 lines to USMobile when the time comes.

How well does Visual Voicemail work on PIxel phones with USMobile? Can't stand having to call to listen to voicemail. Pixel 4a had issues, but 6a has VVM working for now.
 
Can you use this for hotspot device? Or a phone as purely a hotspot? I got the offer, so am curious now.
 
Since this was bumped. Has anyone accepted the free lines, then cancelled existing ones you're paying for or is there, "Additional terms" that prevent this?
 
Since this was bumped. Has anyone accepted the free lines, then cancelled existing ones you're paying for or is there, "Additional terms" that prevent this?
Lol for trying to game the offer. Your chances of keeping the free line after canceling existing one(s) is zero. Your post gave me a chuckle.
 
Just went through a three month fiasco with T-Mobile over a free line. These idiots said I was eligible and offered me a free phone...

Instead they added TWO lines that I was being charged for along with a phone I was being charged for.

I called to correct and they took one line off and gave me the phone for free, with one line still charged even though the guy said it was all "fixed" and my phone and line would be free.

I just called them back and they refuse to honor the ONE free line and the free phone deal that I was offered in May. Instead, the "best they could do" is a fully paid line with the free phone. They also wouldn't honor a bill credit for my inconvenience that I was offered last month when I called to fix everything.

Dumbest experience I've had with them in 18 years. Ridiculous.

If my bill wasn't already cheaper than basically any other carrier I would change on principal. I've never had a problem with T-Mobile, ever, even back then when they weren't dominant.
 
tengis , have you tried mint mobile ? they use t-mobile towers and have decent
prices right now.
 
tengis , have you tried mint mobile ? they use t-mobile towers and have decent
prices right now.
I have not.... if Im not locked into this phone/plan I just got screwed on then I may actually switch. Prices look pretty good and offer pretty much exactly what I get from Tmobile.
 
Just went through a three month fiasco with T-Mobile over a free line. These idiots said I was eligible and offered me a free phone...

Instead they added TWO lines that I was being charged for along with a phone I was being charged for.

I called to correct and they took one line off and gave me the phone for free, with one line still charged even though the guy said it was all "fixed" and my phone and line would be free.

I just called them back and they refuse to honor the ONE free line and the free phone deal that I was offered in May. Instead, the "best they could do" is a fully paid line with the free phone. They also wouldn't honor a bill credit for my inconvenience that I was offered last month when I called to fix everything.

Dumbest experience I've had with them in 18 years. Ridiculous.

If my bill wasn't already cheaper than basically any other carrier I would change on principal. I've never had a problem with T-Mobile, ever, even back then when they weren't dominant.
Welcome to third world service and manipulations. This is becoming par for the course with almost any company now. I'm glad I avoided this 'bait and switch' tactic. I thought there were laws in the us that prevented fraudulent marketing and thats how snake oil peddlers were put out of business?
 
You do know that T-Mobile bought Mint, right?
Yeah, I was with Mint before, but then it was bought out - Well, that didn't screw me over, but now T-Mobile and Sprint are apparently merging or being bought out.
 
Back
Top