aFive

2[H]4U
Hey all, I have finally received iPhone 7 Plus this Saturday after preordering it ages ago. Overall, super quick and nice camera. However... major issues with cellular. At my house in D.C. everything seemed okay, but the second I drove out to Maryland to my parents summer home in Lusby, issues all over. First, if I have LTE most of the time it isn't usable, nothing loads, even Speedtest displays an error. Other times, device gets stuck on Edge and even cycling the airplane mode won't fix it. When sim is first inserted, most of the time it is literally taking over 3 minutes to find service, other times gets stuck in No Service Mode. Mind you this happens in an area that gets 10-60mbps on T-Mobile and I have never even seen Edge at this house before.

I have tried:
1) Activating New Sim.
2) Resetting and setting up as new.
3) Resetting Network Settings.
4) Using my Sim in another device (iPhone + S7 Edge) which my sim works great in.
5) Using another Sim in an iPhone which causes same issues.
6) Reinstalling iOS via iTunes.

Conclusion: either a hardware or software bug. I called T-Mobile and they are sending a replacement iPhone. With backorders, it says that the estimated ship date is between 11/28-12/19. I have been reading around and it seems as if few Verizon users are having issues with LTE data, device dropping to 3G in strong LTE areas. Ive seen an article stating that T-Moile users are having issues as well, but nothing concrete. I know that something similar has happened with T-Mo and iOS 10 release, but I haven't found much on iPhone 7 and these issues. Does anybody have similar problems?

Also, I made a Genius Bar appt for Tuesday, but according to apple.com they are out of iPhones in store. I know inventory for replacement is different, however it may also be the case. If this is a software thing, then it will be unlikely that replacement will do any good anyway. Thoughts?

Hm that's an annoying issue. I just got my 7+ as well on Saturday and no issues. Funny thing is I'm using the Verizon version on T-Mobile. Thought there would be wayyyyyy more issues. None so far, I hope you get it taken care of I can't live a day without my phone now lol.

Hm that's an annoying issue. I just got my 7+ as well on Saturday and no issues. Funny thing is I'm using the Verizon version on T-Mobile. Thought there would be wayyyyyy more issues. None so far, I hope you get it taken care of I can't live a day without my phone now lol.

Tell me about it, I use my phone for everything. I love iMessage, with data being like this it makes it extra difficult to use. Yesterday morning I woke up to no texts, one email, one other notification. I knew something was up because 1 email overnight is literally impossible these days with spam looks like lol. Phone said 4 bars of lte. Cycled airplane mode and 2 minutes later I got a barrage of everything.

Last night I came back home, I actually live just outside of D.C. In Alexandria. Even on the drive back home, no issues. At home, works great too. Makes me think issue is only present on a specific band, or band switching. Lusby is a tiny town, I'm sure capacity there is substantially different.

iOS 10.0.3 was released today

According to the iOS 10.0.3 changelog, the update “fixes bugs including an issue where some users could temporarily lose cellular connectivity.”

iOS 10.0.3 was released today

According to the iOS 10.0.3 changelog, the update “fixes bugs including an issue where some users could temporarily lose cellular connectivity.”
Yea, just updated few minutes ago. I am hoping this would fix it. I was all over Northern VA and DC today, not a single problem. That was pre update. I really think this issue was isolated to only certain areas. Maybe certain bands?

Update... so, went back to the lusby location and issues still persist even with 10.0.3. Tested again with other T-Mobile iPhone, it works great there, just this phone. Ugh... again, works great everywhere else.

No BT issues with my 7+... at least not yet.I haven't upgraded to 10.3. Still on 10.1 and want to wait a bit to see if any jailbreaks might be forthcoming in the near future.

So far, I'm lukewarm on my return to the iPhone. I definitely miss a lot of Android features, like Nova Launcher, widgets, the back and multitask buttons. I still instinctively tap the lower left/right corners of the bottom bezel, expecting those functions to be there. On the other hand, battery life on my 7+ is outstanding compared to my S7E and HTC 10.

The problem is simple.

Your phone uses the Intel 7630 modem. That modem has been tested and shown to be pure crap.

Return your phone ASAP and get the sim-free model which uses the Qualcomm modem.

Back