• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

system won't accept video card

Josiah

Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2000
Messages
734
I am trying to put a radeon 9250 into this guys emachines t2385 (celeron 2.3ghz/80GB/512MB/onboardvideo) he already added a DVD burner and 512 of RAM. He tried to install the video card himself but said he couldn't get it to show anything. When I get it the thing wont stay on. it keeps restarting and safemode wont work either. I ran memtest86 on the new RAM he put in and there were errors right and left. The original RAM is OK. The system is stable until I try to put a video card in it. If I put the radeon 9250 it BSODs while I'm intalling the drivers(page fault in non paged area. I thought maybe it was a bad vid card. I tried a diamond stealth s60 and it hardlocks when windows loads. I even tried safe mode but I get a BSOD(irql not less or equal) I don't know what to do from here or what to tell the guy. Help. i know [H] has an answer!
 
BSOD (page fault in non paged area) while installing driver cleaner. Ran it. it did its thing and still I get BSOD when installing drivers.
 
Can it pass memtest?

OEM machines are a major PITA to deal with, whenever possible make them have the OEM deal with it. That's what they paid for after all.
 
yeah the memory in it now passes memtest. the HDD passed thr diagnostic. and it ran 20 paases of SANDRA last night all without a hicup. I have to go to bed! Looks like I'll be giving this one back broken.
 
So you took the 512 he added out and DC still crashes? Never seen that one before. Blue screen with PFINPA is frequently memory or driver related...but you can't even clean the drivers...grr...maybe the card's just borked, he did install bad memory already after all.

Doh, brain work slow when half asleep. Frags said e-Machines tend to have a less-than-adequate power supply, and he often has to replace it to get an add-in video card to work. Try it if you get a chance.
 
Back
Top