• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

system usage monitoring software

SticKx911

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
3,123
Is there any software that will monitor system resources over say a week and graph it or provide useful feedback? I run a home server and I’m trying to figure which path to take on upgrading. Ie, is more ram enough or is the 2500k too slow, just internet? Etc. I have to break down the water loop for cleaning and such so I figured I’d upgrade while I’m at it if need be but usage varies through the week depending on how many clients are logged in and what they’re doing. Sometimes there’s slow downs and errors, but I’m never around to physically log in to check why. I always just chalked it up to shitty xfinity, but if there was a way to confirm it...k enough rambling there you get the idea.

Google shows some server software but not all is free and not all works on windows. Idk which way to go. I appreciate any suggestions. :)
 
Performance Monitor (perfmon) is built into Windows and does exactly what you want. You could also use Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL) Tool to generate an HTML report of the log files.
 
Performance Monitor (perfmon) is built into Windows and does exactly what you want. You could also use Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL) Tool to generate an HTML report of the log files.
I thought all it did was short term snapshots. I'll play with it some more.
 
Back
Top