System upgrade

I am currently running i5 4440 with GTX770 2GB.
So far, I did not play any high demanding games, but now I am trying to play Battleground.

I tried to run on my pc but the frame drops were pretty bad even at minimum settings.
Would I need to change my whole machine to play the game?
I got a local deal for GTX 980ti. Would that do the trick? Or would my processor bottleneck the card?

Thanks for your time.

Your CPU you could drop in a I-7 4790K or even a I-7 4770K basically the same and upgrade your card to whatever is better. Upgrading the CPU will mean it will have hyperthreading anyway and you want 16 gigs of Ram for almost any game out there that is new.

OK. I also got another local deal:

I7 6700k, 16gb, gtx1080 for $1100. would that be a better option?

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal. I'd jump on it! Performance of the 6700k is similar to an i5 8400.

And 16Gb ram is the bare-minimum for future games, since we already have some approaching the 8GB mark. Like Battlegrounds, for instance!

It's 40% faster single-threaded, and adding hyperthreading will increase your minimum framerates. The GTX 1080 is beefy enough for 1440p gaming.

Last edited:
Yep, now I need to get rid of old system.
Would it be better to part out? or sell it as a combo?

i5 4440 with GTX770 2GB, 8gb ram, 128gb ssd, 2tb seagate harddrive

I would just keep it as a backup you won't get much for it except maybe the GFX card.

Processor upgrade is huge. I just upgraded from i5 to i7 and it has made big differences in games such as Pubg and BF1 MP.

Back