• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

System shut down with loud whine

Sifu

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
85
I was playing a game this evening when my system just shut down. No power. A very loud, high pitched squeal emanated non-stop from the UPC (I think!). The whine could have come from inside the computer, though. I suppose if it happens again, I'll pay more attention. Pushing the reset button on the UPC ended the squealing though, so I think it was coming from the UPC.

What does this mean? I don't think anything overheated. I've recently taxed the system far more severely.
 
It sounds like your UPS may have been briefly overloaded, but I doubt your computer is in any danger. What is your UPS rated to?
 
Whats the size of your UPS?

they make a ruckus when overloaded, especially APC
 
Back
Top